My wife... Im new to portrait photography.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grinsNorwayPosts: 0 Major grins
edited November 22, 2010 in People
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2010
    Hi there! What a clever idea to use the bathroom. And lucky you to have such a great model right at home! her makeup is to die for! I am not a pro but I'll tell you what I like.. I like the smokey look but I like the brighter look a bit better in all images after #1. #4 is nice and close BUT at that angle we call it the up the nose angle, once you see that. that is all you can see. I don't know a thing about studio lighting, but I like the looks of the lighting in #3 the most, it is so soft and so flattering to her skin !!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grins NorwayPosts: 0 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2010
  • briandelionbriandelion Registered Users Posts: 512 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2010
    Love the color and catch lights in her eyes but overall, the b&w is my favorite. Thanks for sharing.
    "Photography is not about the thing photographed.
    It is about how that thing looks photographed." Garry Winogrand

Avatar credit: photograph by Duane Michals- picture of me, 'Smash Palace' album
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2010
    Well first off let me say that your wife is a lovely woman and I like what you've done in some of these.
    #1. I'm not crazy about the crop but I do like your processing and subtle light here. Her right arm does look a wee bit odd behind her knee as well.
    #2. Love the lighting and her pose
    #3. Again, love the lighting but I think the crop is too tight, it feels constrained.
    #4. Just a wee bit over processed for my taste on this close a crop but none the less, lovely....
    #5. Nice B&W..
    I would have shifted the crop so that her head is entirely in the frame and cropped out the bottom where you can see the other fabric from her skirt. Again the blown light is a bit overdone but I suppose that's a matter of taste.

Overall, I think you're doing a nice job for having limited lighting (strobes)
    Bravo
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grins NorwayPosts: 0 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2010
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2010
    Ah I see..
    The widest you could go with the sensor crop factor would be somewhere around 100MM...very tight for working in small areas.....

Check out the bottom of my thread for strobes on the cheap:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=183906
    Yo soy Reynaldo