Options

Trying to change LR3 privledge from Modify to ADD only

LexLex Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
edited October 29, 2010 in Bug Reporting
I change it to Add on the drop down menu in the Smugmug Settings "Control Panel", I say save, but it reverts to Modify.

The problem with this is, if you want to create temporary galleries to port new images in, then MOVE those images to the specific desired gallery. Guess what, after you've moved it, if you drop the photo from the "temporary collection", the photos are DROPPED from the gallery you moved them too! I am pretty sure, but I will validate again. This is a bad bad thing. If they are no longer in the gallery, then Smugmug should not be able to find them and perform a modify action of deletion. Back to point 2, if I can modify the command from modify rights to ADD only, then I know that LR3 cannot override my modifications/data moves.

please inform when a fix for this is in place...

Re-tested this, and so far, the files have not been deleted that I moved to another directory in Smug, but then deleted from the "load gallery" inside LR3. I will update if they disappear.

however, the ability to change the "Change State" from Modify to "Add only" in the Control panel of Smug panel, is still a very very really issue...

Part of the problem I and perhaps others are having in LR3 is the differentiation between "publish" and "re-publish" for one thing. You have a whole group of photos, and say publish for new ones, well if something doesn't go, you have no way to know easily how to distinguish between whether it needs to be published or re-published, and you have to track down the photo with errors.

Additionally, another valid reason to set to Add only is if you have multiple computers, you'd never keep the galleries in sync between the two, and there is no reason for replication amount computers anyway for most of us.

I am going to turn a ticket in on the problem of not being able to set to Add only.
thank you!
Doug-photojazz (smug acct)