1069378322_fy2pT-L.jpg

I like #3 and #4 the best, but I like #1 and #2 for different reasons =/
What about you?
(My entry will not have watermarks.)

Comments

• Options
    lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2010
    I'm looking at this on a very small screen, so I may be missing some details - and I had to look up "Sailor Moon" - so I could be way out in left field on this, but here goes: I really like the idea of #4, but think there are some things in it that I can't get a handle on, like the thing by her right hand seems overexposed - it draws my attention but then I can't tell what it is (is it supposed to be light energy?); I think the trim on her skirt in front seems too dark & you should photoshop between her knee & thigh so the background/trees show through. I like the way her right hand looks as though she's holding a ball of light & she's got a good expression. I think with some work it could be a really sweet entry. I also like the reflection in #2 but your model seems too static or somber. #3 would be better if it was cropped - so the viewer could focus more on your model - she's in a cute stance, but the stuff on either side of her are distracting. Very cute model & costume! Hope this helps :)
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2010
    ok I don't know what sailor moon is and have not looked it up, so maybe right there some will be lost and won't get it. I will say I don't get it.
    The thing I see is a female in costume so I think it still works for the theme "disguise".

I will say that I love shot #4 and I think it blows the others out of the water--but I don't get it, lol.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    reese.leblancreese.leblanc Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited October 30, 2010
    #4 definitely
  • Options
    jrsjrs Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited October 30, 2010
    I like #4, the action shot.

(recalls a line from One Week by BNL...)
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2010
    I did a little reading on Sailor Moon. I kind of like the idea in #1 and #2 of this magical, evil-fighting heroine having a simple breakfast. Of these 2, the reflection in #2 makes it my favorite.

If you want to go for the magical fighter, then #4 wins. And it is more visually spectacular then the others. I might tighten up the crop a bit.

#3 doesn't do much for me. She is a bit lost in the frame and the other objects in the BG are not adding to the story.
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2010
    WhatSheSaw wrote: »
    I did a little reading on Sailor Moon. I kind of like the idea in #1 and #2 of this magical, evil-fighting heroine having a simple breakfast. Of these 2, the reflection in #2 makes it my favorite.
    15524779-Ti.gif

I'd tighten the crop on this one, and simplify the BG!
    tom wise
  • Options
    marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2010
    Thanks for the input, guys, really appreciate it.

lkbart > good eye! I hadn't caught that weird space by her leg, and it's in the raw file. I guess it must be some weird ghosting effect by her leg O_o And yes on the light energy. Maybe I'll move it closer to the hand.

jrs > What is BNL and what is the line you recalled :)

lizzard_nyc and reese.leblanc > thanks for the comments guys.

WhatSheSaw > Sailor Moon used to come on at 5:30AM when I was growing up in Quens, NYC during middle school, and I'd had to wake up super duper early lol. So I wanted to do a little editorial series on her.

angevin1 > Tighten #2 and simplify the background, like taking out the reflection as well?
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2010
    marikris wrote: »
    angevin1 > Tighten #2 and simplify the background, like taking out the reflection as well?

Yes/no. Really depends on what you can get away with...it just feels a bit cluttered to me~
    tom wise