The " Bayou Queen "....Notice Anything Unusual?

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited October 30, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Shot on one of the hundreds of esturaries that wander around the mangrove islands surrounding Marco Island, FL. Marco Island is positioned near the bottom point of Florida, on the western shoreline just below Naples.

1069999746_PHExT-XL.jpg

1069999991_UzY9g-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2010
    you'd have to be blind to NOT see the OUTBOARD is sitting mid way going thru floor of boat or is that a front
    live well............

Good Pix tho.....and I do not think I would ride with the pilot or capt. of this watercraft..............
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2010
    Well, Art, you're right....the placement of the outboard motor is a pretty obvious oddity. In all my years of owning and being around boats, I've never seen one arranged like this. The handling of a thing like this has to be dicey, at best.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2010
    Notice anything unusual......:D Besides the elevated platform, what looks like a bicycle seat and a motor in the middle ne_nau.gif You got me....I haven't seen anything like that in AZ....:D Great find.... Tom
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited October 30, 2010
    I'm guessing the dude got his fishing line tangled in the prop one too many times. rolleyes1.gif
    edited October 30, 2010
    Hi Gary,

I wish you could really see the rigging on this boat. It defies description.

Take care,

Tom
    edited October 30, 2010
    Hey Joel,

I'd be interested in knowing just what the owner's motivation was. Even more, I'd really like to see this thing underway.

Tom
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2010
    Howdy Tom,

That is really wild, looks like a very crafty and clever person.

I could almost see this being pretty smart, keeping the boat down and moving instead of having it raising up when taking off or cruising.

I'm like you, I love to see it moving through the water, and know just how
    it works, seems like the water would come rushing into the boat unless it has
    some kind of skirt around it to keep it out.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas