Options

help with shiny back drop.

ashruggedashrugged Registered Users Posts: 345 Major grins
edited November 2, 2010 in Technique
Because of my love for Dogs, I have agreed (for the second year ) take to pet snapshots with santa, to support a dog rescue. My group will get one weekend in the petsore prior to christams. The photos are printed on the spot with a consumer quality printer. Last year went pretty well, except I was un happy with the provided (very shiny) christmas back drop. Which I am expecting this year. I will use my sb-600 on or off camera and bouncd off ceiliing. So I am looking for advice on how to reduce reflectons off the shiny back drop.

Thanks for any advice Robert

Comments

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited October 31, 2010
    You might try shooting obliquely relative to the background, to keep the reflections from the background from being captured by your image.

Reflecting backgrounds can be trying. But if your lights are from your right, and the subject sits to your right of the background, then the reflections should be off more to the left.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2010
    OK.....................I don't see the problem?????

Why not bring your own background?????

Problem solved.

Sam
  • Options
    ashruggedashrugged Registered Users Posts: 345 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2010
    Thanks for the replys. The shoot is still a few weeks out. I will let you know how it turns out.
    Robert
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2010
    As Sam said take your own........with a few weeks to go you could buy one and have with out a prob....there are tons of sales going on right now
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website