Fall on Avery Island

PGMPGM Registered Users Posts: 2,007 Major grins
edited November 1, 2010 in Landscapes
Sunrise in Jungle Gardens:
1065330002_UaaNG-L-1.jpg

Sunrise on a pond:
998519491_CZbuS-L.jpg

Another sunrise shot - Anhinga drying its wings on the pond. I posted this in the wildlife forum, but I think it is really more of a landscape.
1041854457_8FKLm-L.jpg

This Smooth Cordgrass, which is the shorter grass at the shoreline and out into the water, acts as an environmental engineer for our marshlands, which are being destroyed by salt water intrusion. Before it was planted, this marsh was a mud flat. Smooth Cordgrass is salt resistant, so when planted out into the water, it traps sediment behind it, and gradually extends the land. Less resistant grasses grow in behind it, and healthy marsh is reclaimed, providing a habitat for so many species.
1065332870_yRfyU-L-1.jpg

All c/c welcome and appreciated. I hope this works--only my second attempt at posting photos. Thanks, Pam

Comments

• redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2010
    I like the cormorant! Simple comp and a great pose. The reflected water color is nice also.
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • PhotometricPhotometric Registered Users Posts: 309 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2010
    I echo #3, Love that one!
    http://www.djdimages.com/

"Don't worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition."
    -- Abraham Lincoln
  • PGMPGM Registered Users Posts: 2,007 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2010
    Thank you
    redleash wrote: »
    I like the cormorant! Simple comp and a great pose. The reflected water color is nice also.

Thank you very much!
  • PGMPGM Registered Users Posts: 2,007 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2010
    Thank you!
    I echo #3, Love that one!

Thank you!