what could i do to improve this picture

mattr888mattr888 Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
edited November 3, 2010 in Technique
i took this pic and i think it has turned out well this is the eddied one and the next one is the original
Twitter
Facebook
happy snapping

Comments

• mattr888mattr888 Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited November 1, 2010
    and this is the original
    Twitter
    Facebook
    happy snapping
  • ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2010
    Yes, it's a good improvement. It looks like you have some vignetting there, what lens and body did you use? You may have been going for that look, but if not that's something that's easily corrected. Let's see, from what I remember you use Adobe Photoshop Elements... v6? I don't know where, but there may be somewhere that says something like "lens correction" or "vignetting correction." Give that a try. If you can't find that anywhere, adobe makes Camera Raw ...that's what I'm using... you can download that for free as a plugin for PS Elements I think (for raw files).
  • jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2010
    If the poles are the theme of the image then I suggest that you crop the image to center the focus on them. Also, I would probably play around the color of the sky by using a double-color filter on the top and bottom portion. Lastly, I will probably clone out that small streak of white cloud because it does not seem to have a consistency on the image. Something like this: :D
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • mattr888mattr888 Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited November 2, 2010
    Adobe Photoshop Elements... v6?

yep i do. and i will need to find a raw converter as i have only done one set of photos with raw and they some need editing but i cant because it wont open
    Twitter
    Facebook
    happy snapping
  • dubaifordubaifor Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited November 2, 2010
    I like the vignetting but it would be cooler if you pushed it further so it looks more like a Lomo camera shot
  • ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2010
    mattr888 wrote: »
    yep i do. and i will need to find a raw converter as i have only done one set of photos with raw and they some need editing but i cant because it wont open

Highly recommend Adobe Camera Raw. Free plugin from Adobe. Make sure you select the one for PS Elements-- it says "Camera Raw 6.2 plug-in for PSE"

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4807