Sunset portrait

erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
edited September 9, 2005 in People
I found this shot to be very challenging. I wanted to get the right amount of fill flash but without ruining the sunset lighting. I think it turned out OK but would like your opinions/tips on how to make this better. Thanks!

Erich

35177342-L.jpg

P.S. Photo was taken in Canon Beach, OR

Comments

• thdizzythdizzy Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2005
    I am no pro but I would have to say you just about nailed it. Did you use a warming filter in PS or is that shot straight out of the cam?
    Todd Disraeli - Star, Idaho

Disraeli Photography

"Only when the last tree has died, the last river poisoned, and the last fish been caught will we realize we cannot eat money" Cree Indian Proverb
  • RazRaz Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2005
    Being picky
    But if the kid on the right could have taken his glasses off, there would be no traces of flash at all...

But I guess I noticed it only since you mentioned the flash issue. It's a beautiful shot!

Raz
    "Each piece, or part, of the whole of nature is always merely an
    approximation to the complete truth..."

-- Richard Feynman (1918-1988)

My Galleries
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2005
    thdizzy wrote:
    I am no pro but I would have to say you just about nailed it. Did you use a warming filter in PS or is that shot straight out of the cam?
    I had a UV filter on the camera. I set the white balance to "Cloudy" to give it the warmer look. Bumped up saturation in PS.

Thanks for your feedback!

Erich
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2005
    Raz wrote:
    But if the kid on the right could have taken his glasses off, there would be no traces of flash at all...

But I guess I noticed it only since you mentioned the flash issue. It's a beautiful shot!

Raz
    Thanks Raz...the reflection off the glasses is distracting. Unfortunately if he took his glasses off he would've been squinting the whole time. I guess I can try cloning out the reflections.

Erich