Options

Getting ready shots from recent wedding

lzfotolzfoto Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
edited November 3, 2010 in Weddings
So...I'm still in the process of editing the images. Being a nurse full time during nights wears me out. Anyway here are some of the getting ready shots of the bride at her house. What do you think? Please critique and comment. Anything and everything will be greatly appreciated...Still have a boat load of images to go through!

1066890255_hGay7-L.jpg

1066892099_5jDAN-L.jpg

1066893606_ML5VZ-L.jpg

1066895834_7kQE7-L.jpg

1066896139_GWtmu-L.jpg

6. 1066897346_yCJoD-L.jpg

1066898186_iBYUf-L.jpg

1066903506_AL5zW-L.jpg

1066906735_ds97x-L.jpg

1066907625_9yCBT-L.jpg

Last but not least: Here are the result of the bride getting ready.

1046564582_ZDXfZ-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited November 3, 2010
    Ok...Um two days and no replys....I guess I either nailed it (which I highly doubt) or totally screwed up and no one wants to be the first one to start critizing my work.... I promise I my feelings wouldn't get hurt.
  • Options
    neastguyneastguy Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2010
    I'm a nobody, but if I were your customer, I'd be happy, I think you did a real nice job... I like 1,2, 4 and 7... and the last one :)
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2010
    I just can't get over the fact that if you took the wedding gown, and turned it the blue of the bridesmaids dresses... you would have my prom dress from 1992.

As far as the photos.... I don't think they are terrible, I just think they could use some work and there are quite a few things I would have done differently.

1. Flash on camera in the horizontal position. Never my favorite. See the harsh shadows caused by it?
    2. Actually kind of nice. I do wish the camera was turned just a teeny bit more toward the bride so you could have straightened your vertical lines. It is probably too tight as shot to straighten it.ne_nau.gif
    3. Flashy. I would open it up... drag the shutter... get more ambient in the shot.... and turn the flash down.
    4. Out of focus. Maybe it is the compression or whatever.
    5. I like this one. iloveyou.gif
    6. I like the composition, but it seems underexposed.
    7. This one has potential. Straighten it... pull back the blacks (her legs are waaay too dark.) The flair doesn't really bother me much, but I do wonder why it is there.
    8. Less flash, more ambient.
    9. Straightening + cropping out the corner that has the clip of ceiling or something peeking in + exposure adjustments would REALLy help this one. Get rid of as much clutter in the shot as possible.
    10. There are so many colors competing for your attention in this shot. Baby toys and chairs... cups... I would convert to B&W.
    11. Nice! iloveyou.giflust
  • Options
    edited November 3, 2010
    Heather...

Thank you....Some of the quality was lost due to compression. Great input. I will definately fix those up.