Options

Cheryl in the Trees (18+)

kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
edited December 29, 2010 in Go Figure
Again, these are the same scenes, but different views than Nik's.

Actually, this first one is very similar to one of his, but I like it so much I'm gonna post it as well. :wink

1069440515_RN4kG-XL.jpg

1069490529_eN5kp-XL-1.jpg

3 She's in there somewhere I think
1073022058_WBfNB-L.jpg

1066669204_cY3y9-XL.jpg

1065079951_tmJv8-XL-2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2010
    That Joshua tree (##1,2) was made for nude posing! deal.gifwinkrolleyes1.gif
    And you have already heard my compliments about #3 - what a great use of WA! bowdown.gif I need to get out more to start using it headscratch.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2010
    I really like 2,3, & 4. I like that Cheryl is not just using the trees as a backdrop or prop but that the trees are part of the form and figure. I would be interested to hear if you considered doing a B&W treatment on #4.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    briandelionbriandelion Registered Users Posts: 512 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2010
    1 & 3 get my vote. I wasn't sure what kind of tree that was until I just saw above. headscratch.gif #3 is so exciting! It literally explodes- like the borders of the picture can barely contain it! biggrinbounce2.gif
    "Photography is not about the thing photographed.
    It is about how that thing looks photographed." Garry Winogrand

Avatar credit: photograph by Duane Michals- picture of me, 'Smash Palace' album
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2010
    1 & 3 get my vote. I wasn't sure what kind of tree that was until I just saw above. headscratch.gif #3 is so exciting! It literally explodes- like the borders of the picture can barely contain it! biggrinbounce2.gif

For the record, #3 is a juniper, not a joshua tree. deal.gif
    But yeah, it's trez cool! thumb.gif
  • Options
    reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2010
    Wow, some more excellent shots!
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • Options
    edited November 7, 2010
    Wow, I'm a bit behind on my replies. Sorry!
    Nikolai wrote: »
    That Joshua tree (##1,2) was made for nude posing! deal.gifwinkrolleyes1.gif
    And you have already heard my compliments about #3 - what a great use of WA! bowdown.gif I need to get out more to start using it headscratch.gif

Thanks, Nik! I LOVE wide angles! I probably use them too much and have taken some heat from you and others in the past for them. But they do have their place, and if I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure I saw you using one as well. :giggle
    Hey briandelion, thanks! That's what it was supposed to do. Your comment means a lot. thumb.gif

Nikolai wrote: »
    For the record, #3 is a juniper, not a joshua tree. deal.gif
    But yeah, it's trez cool! thumb.gif
    Yep, that was a cool stop. How did you know what kind of tree that was?
    reyvee61 wrote: »
    Wow, some more excellent shots!
    Thank you! :D
  • Options
    edited November 7, 2010
    kdog wrote: »
    Thanks, Nik! I LOVE wide angles! I probably use them too much and have taken some heat from you and others in the past for them. But they do have their place, and if I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure I saw you using one as well. :giggle
    means and ends, my friend, means and ends. God gave us interchangeable lenses to use them when appropriate. deal.gifwink
    kdog wrote: »
    Yep, that was a cool stop. How did you know what kind of tree that was?
    The fact that I din't know catsclaw doesn't mean I don't know any others mwink.gifrofl
  • Options
    edited November 7, 2010
    I really like 2,3, & 4. I like that Cheryl is not just using the trees as a backdrop or prop but that the trees are part of the form and figure. I would be interested to hear if you considered doing a B&W treatment on #4.
    Thanks, BradfordBenn! Truth be told, those are the first B&W I ever did. deal.gif Honestly, I'm not a big B&W person, but there is something about these shots that just seem to call for it. Here's #4 in B&W. I like it, and thanks for the idea. Comments on my conversions are more than welcome

Cheers,
    -joel

1082058727_j3ZqX-XL.jpg
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2010
    Very nice shots and conversions.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2010
    I really like #3 and #5 is pretty cool
    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
    -Fleetwood Mac