Options

recent e-session

relsah85relsah85 Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
edited November 5, 2010 in Weddings
just wanted to share a few from my recent e-session. i'm open to C&C and i have thick skin :D

you may see more at this link

1074635751_kAYJh-M.jpg

1074634735_XtHir-M.jpg

1074635842_WXfbD-M.jpg

1074635068_UgAXB-M.jpg

my fb page

Comments

• Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2010
    Lovely work! I dig the bokeh and treatment of the photos. My only critique of the 4 posted here is that the ring photo is too centered. Otherwise it's a great shot and insanely in focus... but overly centered.
  • Options
    TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2010
    These are really great, but in #1, I feel like it looks like it's going somewhere ..innapropriate. Like the next frame might be NSFW, lol

I like the ring shot, and don't mind it being centered, but the far right stone is just out of focus on the edge and that bothers me a little...

Overall a great feel though! :-)
    Canon Fan
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2010
    Shima wrote: »
    Lovely work! I dig the bokeh and treatment of the photos. My only critique of the 4 posted here is that the ring photo is too centered. Otherwise it's a great shot and insanely in focus... but overly centered.

yup, i agree... i wish i could have framed the ring differently. if i didn't have the live view on, then maybe i could have composed the shot better. i was using the live view on my 5DII and magnified 10X to nail the focus.

thanks

my fb page
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2010
    These are really great, but in #1, I feel like it looks like it's going somewhere ..innapropriate. Like the next frame might be NSFW, lol

I like the ring shot, and don't mind it being centered, but the far right stone is just out of focus on the edge and that bothers me a little...

Overall a great feel though! :-)

lol on NSFW...

i wish i did not cutoff their hands on the 1st shot

thanks

my fb page
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2010
    richy wrote: »
    3&4 work really well! I'm not bothered with the ring in that position, rules are there to be broken (sometimes) and with the symmetry of the ring it works for me. 3 is just a great moment well captured.

#3 is my fave too and i agree with rules to be broken (to a certain extent) :-)

my fb page
  • Options
    tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2010
    I'll echo some thoughts - keep limbs in frame (body parts), don't center, check your level, etc. I like #3 the best, but it does look like the bench is about to slide off of a hillside. Remember, with live view on your 5DII you can select a different part of the screen to magnify. No need to be bound by the center of the screen. Also, with the ring shot to me there is too much DOF in front of the ring. It would be better to have the focus start at the front of the ring and carry through to the end of the stones.
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2010
    I agree with ten on all points except this:
    Also, with the ring shot to me there is too much DOF in front of the ring. It would be better to have the focus start at the front of the ring and carry through to the end of the stones.

Reason being: I love how the jaggedy pieces of wood point towards the ring. It would have been nice to have all the ring stones in focus, but it doesn't kill the shot for me. I am not bothered by the centered composition of the ring. Though the rest of the photos would have been better composed on a 3rd.
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2010
    . Remember, with live view on your 5DII you can select a different part of the screen to magnify.

i guess i need to read the manual on how to do this. or maybe ask here how :D

do i set the focus point first before i hit the live view button?

my fb page