Some Shots of My Roommate

Marissa K. PhotographyMarissa K. Photography Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
edited November 3, 2010 in People
Yesterday, my roommate and I did a quick photoshoot. Here are a couple of the shots. I would love some comments & critique, please.

ShereneSmile1.jpg

ShereneBoots1.jpg

ShereneSmile5.jpg

ShereneSmile2.jpg

Comments

• BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2010
    I am by no means an expert as I am still learning, lots of learning. Of the four you posted #4 is the most eye catching to me. There is a little bit of clipping on the blanket it looks like, but nothing to detracting or unfixable. The cutoff elbows are a little distracting as the left one (her right) almost perfectly points to the corner. It is a nice shot that looks unposed and natural.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2010
    #1 and #4 to me have the best colors - nice and bright, rich. #2 and #3 just seem flat to me.

I lean towards #4 as the preferred of the series. The elbows don't bother me with the diagonal framing.
  • Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2010
    #1 looks like it has slight motion blur and #4 is OOF.. then again I don't have my contacts in so maybe its just me. 3 is my favorite, just wish it has a tad more contrast (easy to fix in pp).

Do you have a reflector? If not get one. You can even use cheap car windshield sun reflector things that you can get at Walmart for $6 for two. Its what I use (they're cheap, fold up nicely, do the job, light, small but not too small). I'm asking this because I think these could be so much better with a little pop of light in there.
    Jer
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2010
    In case you were wondering why your #4 gets unanimous vote (you can count mine, too;-): your roomie is a big girl, and it is known that "plus size" female subjects look thier best if shot from "above" - which is exactly the camera position relative to subject in this frame. deal.gif
    I also second Jeremy's tip on reflector/windshield cover - cheap and effective. For this price you can even get a variety - white, silver, gold...
    HTH
    "May the f/stop be with you!"