AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
edited December 15, 2010 in Weddings
Matt just announced the new challenge, you can find the gallery here:

http://dgrinextras.smugmug.com/gallery/14496807_UQoaY

or go to: www.smugmug.com

login: DgrinExtras
password: knockknock

Then go to: Wedding Challenge • 11/2010 • First Dance

From there you should be able to upload a pic, but let me know if you have any questions (see top right corner / UPLOAD > TO THIS GALLERY)

When you upload a photo, please name it with YOUR NAME, or your nickname (I need to be able to contact you, if you win, so don't make it too hard, haha). Please do NOT upload full res files as I can't take any responsibilities for it and don't want the photo to end up in the wrong hands. Feel free to put your name on the photo.

Once we announce the winner, I'll download your photo and it will receive a 1st / 2nd / 3rd place badge :D

The CUT-OFF date is the last day of this month. The winner will be announced on the first day of the following month, and we'll ... hopefully I'll have a new challenge up & running by the 2nd or 3rd day :thumb

ALSO!!! Next time we'll do something different!!! :D

The winner of the current challenge will choose the theme for the January challenge. For the last challenge this year you'll be allowed to submit TWO of your best wedding photos from this year. There will be no theme, you'll be able to submit anything you want, as long as it was taken at a wedding this year :wink There will also be a public poll, details to be announced by December 2nd :barb AND there will be a grand finale, where we'll choose the best photo of 2010!!! :barbSo stay tuned .....

Let me know if you have any questions.

:lust

Oh, and Matt lets us submit 2 entries per person, so let's see them!!! :lynnma

Comments

• Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2010
    Great theme! I can't wait to see what rolls in!iloveyou.gifclap

Also, awesome idea for the December contest! That one is going to be some stiff competition with all you fab togs! bowdown.gif (And how in the world will I be able to pick!)
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2010
    Just do what you did on FB!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    edited November 3, 2010
    Yeah, it seemed to work well, but the two photos that won my FB contest were the ones I was thinking on picking in the first place. Funny! But all my friends enjoyed feeling a part.
  • Options
    edited November 3, 2010
    That we did, Heather. I liked the voting process! :) I should try that... hmmm...
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2010
    I'm not seeing an "upload" button anywhere on the site... I've uploaded to a challenge before but can't seem to find it this time.

::puts on sad face:: please help ::puppy dog eyes::
  • Options
    edited November 3, 2010
    I'm not seeing an "upload" button anywhere on the site... I've uploaded to a challenge before but can't seem to find it this time.

::puts on sad face:: please help ::puppy dog eyes::

Did you log in with the correct info (see below). Won't work if you are logged in with your "private" log-in ... it has to be:

Let me know if that won't solve it thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited November 3, 2010
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    Did you log in with the correct info (see below). Won't work if you are logged in with your "private" log-in ... it has to be:

Let me know if that won't solve it thumb.gif

I found it!! The upload option wasn't on the the link that went straight to the gallery, so I just went from smugmug.com and dug around from there.

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited November 4, 2010
    I found it!! The upload option wasn't on the the link that went straight to the gallery, so I just went from smugmug.com and dug around from there.

Thanks!

Oh gooood, glad it worked out! thumb.gif
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2010
    Woohoo, submitted my two favorite photos. The black and white one I uploaded is probably my personal all time favorite first dance photo that I've taken to date. Very excited to see all the other entries!
  • Options
    edited November 6, 2010
    I got one in.... Now I have to figure out for the other one. ;) Some very beautiful stuff in there. In fact, Shima... your color one knocked my socks off. Now my feet are cold. haha.
  • Options
    edited November 6, 2010
    I got one in.... Now I have to figure out for the other one. ;) Some very beautiful stuff in there. In fact, Shima... your color one knocked my socks off. Now my feet are cold. haha.

Haha thanks! I got really lucky w/ my color submission. My second shooter Kristin just happened to be standing opposite me on the dance floor and I managed to accidentally capture her flash when we took a shot at the same time!
  • Options
    edited November 7, 2010
    Ok, I admit, I could totally not decide (and I'm not much of a good first dance shooter - my second shooter always seems to beat me), ... so I submitted 3 ... I know, I know ... will delete one of them, just need to think about that one for a while, haha!
  • Options
    metmet Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2010
    The over head one takes the cake for me, Angie. iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    edited November 7, 2010
    met wrote: »

Aww!! Thanks Met!! iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    edited November 7, 2010
    Weirdest thing, I was uploading an image that was only .30 mb @ 600x something at 72 dpi and when using the html5 uploader it said my image size was too big. Then using the same file with the old faithful it uploaded fine.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    edited November 8, 2010
    met wrote: »

Agreed! That's an awesome shot! If you need help picking one to delete, I'd delete the one you labeled "#1" it's a good shot, but the other two are way more unique :)
  • Options
    edited November 14, 2010
    I don't use SmugMug to host my pictures, and I'm trying to upload one more but it keeps fussing at me that it's too large, even a 4x6 at 240 dpi is being rejected, what specs does it need to be? My first one went up fine and it's pretty large...
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2010
    I don't use SmugMug to host my pictures, and I'm trying to upload one more but it keeps fussing at me that it's too large, even a 4x6 at 240 dpi is being rejected, what specs does it need to be? My first one went up fine and it's pretty large...

I'm having the same trouble...I host via Smugmug but we're not linking to them, we're uploading right? Mine are about 300KB each and I'm getting a "file too large" error. ne_nau.gif
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2010
    Hey, I've got a question... I wanted to replace my two entries with the same images but the ones that have the new logo watermark on them...however it says I don't have permissions to replace the images... so do I just upload the new copies and then have an admin go in and delete the old ones manually instead then? I can see why you'd want replace photo / delete photo disabled (so someone can't remove the competition) but now I'm not sure how to go about doing this to replace my own two uploads w/ the updated watermark :)
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2010
    urbanaries wrote: »
    I'm having the same trouble...I host via Smugmug but we're not linking to them, we're uploading right? Mine are about 300KB each and I'm getting a "file too large" error. ne_nau.gif
    I've gotten this error a couple times lately, even as a SmugMug pro user. I think it's just a bug in the system. Hopefully they're working on it. I just close my browser or clear my cache / SmugMug cookies, then re-try, and it works fine.

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2010
    urbanaries wrote: »

I got that problem too, even dropping my image size down lower than 300kb. Were you uploading via the html5 uploader? I got that error with that uploader. I was able to upload a larger size with the old faithful uploader. Give that one a shot. {or what matt suggested.}
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2010
    I posted an uncropped, 300dpi shot using the "old faithful" way and it worked.

Smugmug was down completely the other day so I'm wondering if they're still trying to get it bug-free.
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2010
    They were in maintenance read-only mode a little after 11pm PST last night as I remember trying to update something on my site and not being able to. So yeah, probably they were bug fixing last night.
  • Options
    edited November 17, 2010
    I just saw Lynne's entries. Oh. my. Gorgeous. But actually the entire set is very stellar.
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2010
    I just saw Lynne's entries. Oh. my. Gorgeous. But actually the entire set is very stellar.

Oh sheesh heather! making me blush over here. Interestingly enough, the two were shot two years apart, in the same room. It's got good love vibes! :D

Yours is spectacular too...so powerful!
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    edited November 17, 2010
    This might be a stretch..

But do you know what you are gonna think up as the next contest entry? :D
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    david_hdavid_h Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2010
    Been a while since I played. I like first dances, all the "must have" stuff is done and we can just relax and try and be a bit creative.
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2010
    Just a few more days, people! Any other brave souls?

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2010
    Just a few more days, people! Any other brave souls?

=Matt=

It seems that there are a few entry's without an owner. At least, not one that I can see.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    kyeeziekyeezie Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2010
    I was too busy and forgot. I think Matt will have a difficult time already!! Good luck everyone and good luck to the judge!