Options

Resume to go with photos for publication

jandrewnelsonjandrewnelson Registered Users Posts: 300 Major grins
edited November 5, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
Anyone have a sample resume I can look at?

I've been published locally and regionally by publications that know me and know my work. I've recently been invited to submit some photos taken on a Vietnam Veterans trip to The Wall. The publisher has asked me to submit a resume along with low-res digital files for review.

I've done resume's over the years for regular ol' jobs, but never one to go with photos for publication. I know it's done, I just don't know how to do it. Any suggestions?

And if you could let me see one of yours to use as a template, that would be great.

Blessings and thanks
Jerry Nelson
www.meesoon.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2010
    Jerry,

With regard to your photography, why not use your about Jerry Nelson info on your website, or something similar?

Sam
  • Options
    edited November 4, 2010
    Sam wrote: »
    Jerry,

With regard to your photography, why not use your about Jerry Nelson info on your website, or something similar?

Sam

MMm...good question. Guess I focused too narrowly when they asked for a 'resume'. Think the 'About Jerry Nelson' would suffice?

Thanks
    Jerry
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2010
    I agree with Sam--your "About Me" has some good info and your writing style is unique and colorful. With a few tweaks, it might be just what you need. You might also ask the publisher to supply a sample. Alternatively, perhaps they'd give you links to some other submitters' sites or works and you could take a gander at their bios.

Best of luck with your submission! BTW, I took a quick visit to your site and you do, indeed, have some stunning images! I can't wait to spend more time looking.

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    edited November 4, 2010
    redleash wrote: »
    I agree with Sam--your "About Me" has some good info and your writing style is unique and colorful. With a few tweaks, it might be just what you need. You might also ask the publisher to supply a sample. Alternatively, perhaps they'd give you links to some other submitters' sites or works and you could take a gander at their bios.

Best of luck with your submission! BTW, I took a quick visit to your site and you do, indeed, have some stunning images! I can't wait to spend more time looking.

Lauren

Thanks for the kind words and advice!
  • Options
    EnlightphotoEnlightphoto Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited November 5, 2010
    Resume for photography would typically be formatted with name & contact info, web URL, a paragraph about you, a BRIEF artist statement, a list of your publication credits, clients, awards, gallery showings, notable press - like being Featured In..., and any noteworthy upcoming projects you're currently working on.

Hope that helps,