Options

Matt & Missy - Fall Bliss

bike21bike21 Registered Users Posts: 836 Major grins
edited November 8, 2010 in Weddings
A couple of early favorites from this weekend...

5146989207_10900bc707_b.jpg

5146997607_0b41652939_b.jpg

C&C always welcome, the editing process continues...

Comments

• Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2010
    Oh cute :D Can't wait to see more ... btw. I'd desaturate her dress (*I* am not much of a fan of blue dresses ... might wanna try and see how it changes the photo thumb.gif)

Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2010
    Did you stop *way* down on purpose in that 2nd photo? The background that touche their outline is distractingly sharp, it almost looks like a composite.

I love to see a good landscape, but the woods are a little too cluttered to be this sharp. Leave it at f/2.8 and let 'er rip! Just IMO...

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    bike21bike21 Registered Users Posts: 836 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2010
    Thanks very much for the comments! I totally agree with both of you and tried another version here with both suggestions...what do you think? Enough or more?

Matt I had a look and was in Shutter Priority since they were moving, it was f/6.3 @ 1/200. Oops, definitely should have switched back to AE as I typically shoot at 2.8 for a lot of things.

1079119559_fc3pf-L.jpg
  • Options
    nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2010
    i agree with matt on this one. i am a sucker for a curved road landscape photo, but the trees stand out more then the B&G. Just something to think about in the future. Also, i would straighten them just a tad. everything looks like its leaning to the right a little.

the first one is nice...cute moment. a little bright on the side for my taste, but a great capture.
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Options
    jdorseydesignjdorseydesign Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2010
    If you have Adobe Lightroom. I've found that using the HSL section in the Develop Module allow you to easily get rid of "blue dress". I usually start by just desaturating the blue slider, although using the picker and just pointing at the blue tones and dragging down usually works too. As long as you don't have anything really blue in the photo as well, otherwise it's a trip into photoshop for me.

Edit: I just pulled your image into Lightroom and tried this and whoops, the groom's blue tie suffers. Another technique is to use a brush in Lightroom with some desaturation and paint the dress with it.
    J Dorsey Design Photography • jdorseydesign.com • Facebook Fan/Friend • Twitter @bartdorsey