Options

Dave & Danielle at Flander's Golf Resort

Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
edited November 19, 2010 in Weddings
Blogged. It is a big entry. :)

Thanks, Mike, for tagging along. I see you got some seriously sick images from this! Next time don't forget that shot. You know what I am talking about. :wink

Dave and Danielle. Hawt couple. check them out.

1 1078136750_3uJZm-XL.jpg

1078135859_Zczfg-XL.jpg

1078135037_nUHWx-XL.jpg

1078133999_gQv7W-XL.jpg

1078410170_6fWTa-XL.jpg

For you mike!

1078416143_DKiRR-XL.jpg
untouched in the oven.

1078416077_XybCi-XL.jpg
Had a sitting idea, which, I think I will have to try to do better next time.

1078426205_DwxL9-XL.jpg
I am going to crop this one since, i chopped off part of Danielle to get these two.

1078427283_unyiT-XL.jpg

1078427325_F3uz2-XL.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Food & Culture.
www.tednghiem.com

Comments

• Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2010
    Nice set Ted!!! First one looks a scoshe greenish to me... could be me though, my color vision is not perfect. I love the comp on your sitting shot. The wide angle distortion that pulls his feet forward some is ideal for that pose IMHO. I don't care for the harshness of the light or the reflection. A tiny bit of fill, a closer main light, a little more ambient in the mix, or a brolly/softbox may have made it better. I do like the shot though and I think the idea is wonderful! I also really like 2 a lot. I think many will find it too busy but I think it rawks!

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2010
    very well done ted..I see a some patrick pike influence in 7 I think.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2010
    Qarik wrote: »
    very well done ted..I see a some patrick pike influence in 7 I think.

Actually you are half right! It was Pat's and Audrey Snow's own wedding image that got me thinking about that!

Thanks Matt, Qarik! Matt, I have an umbrella softbox thing, but left it at home...ne_nau.gif
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    mpauliempaulie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2010
    Purdy photosclap.gif
    Next time don't forget that shot. You know what I am talking about. mwink.gif
    Some people just aren't the boxer shot type :D
    Thanks Matt, Qarik! Matt, I have an umbrella softbox thing, but left it at home...ne_nau.gif

I had an umbrella in the car!
  • Options
    tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2010
    Great work Ted! Lots of great shots on your blog too - I like that you are covering you bases and experimenting at the same time! Here's a few thoughts:

1 - I would focus on brides left eye because that's where the makeup artist's hand (action) is.
    2 - Flawlessly executed. Maybe burn dodge and burn a bit to give it a bit more pop. Maybe b&w?
    3 - I would brighten her face up a bit. Great negative space.
    5 - Lots of possibilities here ... how are you going to use that reflection next time?
    7 - I love the dramatic lighting, but the frame has a lot going on in it. I'm interested to see where this goes for you...
  • Options
    mpauliempaulie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2010
    5 - Lots of possibilities here ... how are you going to use that reflection next time?

Just realized you can see me chimping in the lens of his left eye, Ted was about 3 inches from that dude's face.
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2010
    mpaulie wrote: »
    Just realized you can see me chimping in the lens of his left eye, Ted was about 3 inches from that dude's face.

Didn't you read the caption? haha! Actually I was about 2 ft away. haw haw!

As for #7, I actually, wanted to play more with this. But with kids in the bridal suite and other misc. adults around it might have been ... Well Mike could have shoo'd them away...

I should have also tossed that plant across the room. rolleyes1.gifroflIt's a fake plant, I could shot put it! Well ideas for the next.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    canonthencanonthen Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited November 5, 2010
    Great captures.

I think I was driving that same day you were shooting the couple on the golf course. I remember seeing two or three photogs and thinking how the photos would come out with just the boring open fields on the golf course.. You did really good!
    Abraham
    My website
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2010
    canonthen wrote: »
    Great captures.

I think I was driving that same day you were shooting the couple on the golf course. I remember seeing two or three photogs and thinking how the photos would come out with just the boring open fields on the golf course.. You did really good!

Asian guy and a seriously tall guy?
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2010
    Asian guy and a seriously tall guy?
    Sorry Ted, I noticed the action on the field almost too late. The people buzz in front of the catering place caught my eye first, then I saw the bride, groom and photogs in the field across the road (almost missed it). Everyone but the couple had their backs to me, one photog had a zoom lens (black I think).
    Abraham
    My website
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2010
    canonthen wrote: »
    Sorry Ted, I noticed the action on the field almost too late. The people buzz in front of the catering place caught my eye first, then I saw the bride, groom and photogs in the field across the road (almost missed it). Everyone but the couple had their backs to me, one photog had a zoom lens (black I think).

You should have stopped to say hi. Regardless if it was us or not! Although, Mike (the really tall one) and I were shooting with just primes.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2010
    You should have stopped to say hi. Regardless if it was us or not! Although, Mike (the really tall one) and I were shooting with just primes.

Cool man, next time.

and again, nice work.
    Abraham
    My website
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2010
    Thanks!

I don't usually add more images to a thread afterwards, but...

I love this sequence:

1078424302_A4hVD-XL.jpg

1078424329_Jfw5H-XL.jpg
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2010
    #2 is my fav! love it.

it might be just me, but these all seem a little dark to me. not just in the color but the mood in general. not your usual? maybe its me being sleepy. i liked the others you had on FB better from this wedding ne_nau.gif
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Options
    AroundDWorldAroundDWorld Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited November 8, 2010
    Nice.....I'm loving the image through the window....#2 :)
  • Options
    edited November 8, 2010
    #2 is my fav! love it.

it might be just me, but these all seem a little dark to me. not just in the color but the mood in general. not your usual? maybe its me being sleepy. i liked the others you had on FB better from this wedding ne_nau.gif

the ones I posted here or on the blog?
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    trevorbtrevorb Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2010
    Really like the composition in #3 and number #2 is really unique definitely a favorite.
  • Options
    edited November 19, 2010
    Thanks, Trev!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com