Impending Storm

bgarlandbgarland Registered Users Posts: 761 Major grins
edited November 6, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
This is an older shot that I went back and reworked trying to bring out the feeling of the impending storm.

1079691680_fSfCM-L.jpg

Comments

• PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2010
    Howdy Brad,

What a stunning view and image.

That would sure be a wonderful site to see

each Evening before going to Bed and wake up

to it every Morning.

Looks like you've got a really neat setup!!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • bgarlandbgarland Registered Users Posts: 761 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2010
    Panther wrote: »
    Howdy Brad,

What a stunning view and image.

That would sure be a wonderful site to see

each Evening before going to Bed and wake up

to it every Morning.

Looks like you've got a really neat setup!!!

Thanks. It's a great spot on the North side cliffs overlooking lake Powell. Great that is as long as you are not there during a storm. :D

Here's the view looking out SW across the lake.

1079794978_VeZMP-L.jpg
  • Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2010
    Fantastic shot Brad! That looks like a location I need to go to!
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery
    edited November 6, 2010
    Sexy6Chick wrote: »
    Fantastic shot Brad! That looks like a location I need to go to!

Thanks Natalie. There is a lot to see and miles and miles of beautiful back country roads and canyons to explore just North of that spot.

It was about 2 miles from Alstrom Point. Ping me if you want the coordinates but it's also pretty easy to find on a map. Alstrom point is where lots of folks go to take photos of Gunsight Bute.

826451856_dL9Zc-L.jpg
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2010
    Lake Powell is a beautiful lake. How is the water level doing now? Going up?

We were always going to do a family house boat trip on the lake, but haven't been able to get everyone together at the same time.

Looks beautiful and I agree with Craig...you do have a nice set up for camping :D
    edited November 6, 2010
    Dogdots wrote: »
    Lake Powell is a beautiful lake. How is the water level doing now? Going up?

We were always going to do a family house boat trip on the lake, but haven't been able to get everyone together at the same time.

Looks beautiful and I agree with Craig...you do have a nice set up for camping :D

Thanks Mary. I have sooo much crazy equipment I think I have to call it Glamping now (glamor camping). rolleyes1.gif

You have to make that Lake Powell house boat trip happen! I have done that 3 times now over the years with my family and it is an amazing wonderful experience. The boats are pricey so we just teamed up with another family and shared the cost. Do it, do it, do it. :D

The water level is down a lot. I'm not sure but probably around 100 ft down from full. I haven't checked recently so I'm not sure if it's been filling or dropping recently. I have heard that they don't expect it to ever be totally full again. Very sad.

If you get a house boat tow a small boat behind you so you can explore the amazing side canyons like Secret canyon. Early in the morning, glass water slot canyon experience. clap.gif
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2010
    bgarland wrote: »
    Thanks Mary. I have sooo much crazy equipment I think I have to call it Glamping now (glamor camping). rolleyes1.gif

You have to make that Lake Powell house boat trip happen! I have done that 3 times now over the years with my family and it is an amazing wonderful experience. The boats are pricey so we just teamed up with another family and shared the cost. Do it, do it, do it. :D

The water level is down a lot. I'm not sure but probably around 100 ft down from full. I haven't checked recently so I'm not sure if it's been filling or dropping recently. I have heard that they don't expect it to ever be totally full again. Very sad.

If you get a house boat tow a small boat behind you so you can explore the amazing side canyons like Secret canyon. Early in the morning, glass water slot canyon experience. clap.gif

Thank you for the insight on bringing along a small boat to see the side canyons. Never thought of that.

We will be doing it soon I hope. And we were all going to pitch in on the cost....it is expensive. I was hoping the water level would come up before we did it, but like you mentioned...it may never return to it's original depth.

Thanks for the info... :D