A Sunflower

Marissa K. PhotographyMarissa K. Photography Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
edited November 8, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Here is a shot I took of a sunflower this morning when I was photographing random things around the house.

Flower1.jpg

Comments

• EddyEddy Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2010
    damn nice , dont know why but seem to luv yellow, gives me the EPIC color for alot of sweeet shoots like these luv it..what lens did you use please
    E.J.W

Great understanding is broad and unhurried, Little understanding is cramped and busy" ..... Chuang Tsu
  • Marissa K. PhotographyMarissa K. Photography Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited November 7, 2010
    Eddy wrote: »
    damn nice , dont know why but seem to luv yellow, gives me the EPIC color for alot of sweeet shoots like these luv it..what lens did you use please

I have a Nikon D5000 & I used my 55-200 mm lens.
  • jackiejayjackiejay Registered Users Posts: 714 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2010
    WOW thats a great pic nice work:)
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2010
    Really pretty :D
  • Marissa K. PhotographyMarissa K. Photography Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited November 8, 2010
    thanks! :D
  • ChaKiraChaKira Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2010

I have a Nikon D5000 & I used my 55-200 mm lens.

Oooo I use that too!

Great pic x
    Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

Megan Amelia Photography
  • ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2010
    I think you pushed your lower-end equipment near its limits ;~). That's a nice photo: good lighting, colors, and black background.

If you want some C&C: maybe a smaller f/stop would be better here, to bring the petals sticking towards you into focus too. It looks like you cut off part of the sunflower on the bottom. I think the white sheet or whatever it's on is a little distracting; a totally black background might be better. Can you reshoot this?
    Sorry if my C&C is a little harsh, sometimes I just get going... ;~)
    edited November 8, 2010
    I think you pushed your lower-end equipment near its limits ;~). That's a nice photo: good lighting, colors, and black background.

If you want some C&C: maybe a smaller f/stop would be better here, to bring the petals sticking towards you into focus too. It looks like you cut off part of the sunflower on the bottom. I think the white sheet or whatever it's on is a little distracting; a totally black background might be better. Can you reshoot this?
    Sorry if my C&C is a little harsh, sometimes I just get going... ;~)

no..that wasn't harsh. i want critique. i might be able to reshoot it. it just depends on if my mom has sunflowers in the house...lol