Red Gelled Flash

ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
edited November 15, 2010 in People
Z
It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2010
    yes...all that matters is....does it work for you and the subject (client).....if the answer is yes then that is all that matters.........
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2010
    Zanotti wrote: »
    Does this work?
    Z
    Well... It's a cool theatrical effect, but as to whether it's appropriate... headscratch.gif
    The image as a whole lacks more drama then, like a heavy makeup, dracula's high collar cape, horror main, and such.
    It's not cohesive... deal.gifdunno
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2010
    Nik:

I agree.

What I am trying to accomplish is a red gellled background and natural color face. My thought is to do this at our town's new firehouse with some of the firemen, so they will be in fire suits and perhaps more apporpriate for the red background flash.

(If you want scary, he is 18 and driving now!)
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
    edited November 6, 2010
    Nik:

I agree.

What I am trying to accomplish is a red gellled background and natural color face. My thought is to do this at our town's new firehouse with some of the firemen, so they will be in fire suits and perhaps more apporpriate for the red background flash.

(If you want scary, he is 18 and driving now!)

A-ha. Well, in that case I would also incorporate a red-colored bg (you can use a back/gray fabrics and flood it with the same light you use as hair). Then you will be able to easily subsitute the red bg with the fire images (if you don't have your own fire pics I can share some - we had a few fires around a few years ago) and still maintain the - long word warning! mwink.gif - verisimilitudeness of the entire image.

18-and-driving-scare: trust me, I have 3 women in the house, I know what it is like (btw, the youngest drives the best).
    edited November 6, 2010
    Nikolai wrote: »
    A-ha. Well, in that case I would also incorporate a red-colored bg (you can use a back/gray fabrics and flood it with the same light you use as hair). Then you will be able to easily subsitute the red bg with the fire images (if you don't have your own fire pics I can share some - we had a few fires around a few years ago) and still maintain the - long word warning! mwink.gif - verisimilitudeness of the entire image.

18-and-driving-scare: trust me, I have 3 women in the house, I know what it is like (btw, the youngest drives the best).

I am hoping to find the long line of coats hung on the wall. Put a firemen beside that, shoot parallell down the line with the fireman perpendicular and have the red on him and wash onto the line of coats.

OK, that's my vision, now I just have to go out there and get it done!
    edited November 6, 2010
    I am hoping to find the long line of coats hung on the wall. Put a firemen beside that, shoot parallell down the line with the fireman perpendicular and have the red on him and wash onto the line of coats.

OK, that's my vision, now I just have to go out there and get it done!

It's your shoot/idea, but I'd question the presence of red light in the locker room, firemen or not.
    edited November 6, 2010
    Recreating a flashing red light?
    edited November 6, 2010
    Recreating a flashing red light?
    Which would then imply that they would have to be running to their station, as opposed to be posing for a picture...mwink.gif
    Again, it's your show...
    edited November 6, 2010
    No wonder we artists cut off our ears.......

Z
    edited November 6, 2010
    "Listen to thy wife" mwink.gifrofl
    Mine critiques my nudes, and often notices things I don't... deal.gif
    Lovely model, btw (and if it's your family - congrats!:-)
    edited November 15, 2010
    See - red gelled flash is quite it!

http://strobist.blogspot.com/

Z
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2010
    I think the last portrait work better than the first if you wanted to keep the face unaffected by the red gel....
    I say be creative and have fun asides from comments already made....
    Yo soy Reynaldo