Options

Sweet 16

Slinky0390Slinky0390 Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
edited November 10, 2010 in Technique
Hi, its been a while since I've been here, been really busy with school and life in general. Im starting to get back into the swing of things and I've been contracted by a friend to shoot a sweet 16 that he is dj-ing. This is the first time I've done this type of work and I really don't want to mess it up. Besides the obvious (tons of CF cards, batteries, flash, lenses, etc.) What tips can you guys offer me to make sure I get great shots. (Preferably white balance tips, interesting shots, etc.).

Thanks a bunch, Mike
Canon eos 30d; EF 17-40 f/4.0L; EF 24-85mm f/3.5; EF 50mm f/1.4; EF 70-200mm f/4.0L; Unicorns of various horn lenghts
http://slinky0390.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    termina3termina3 Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2010
    Be careful with the flash. If possible, get a great diffuser--I've had great success with Mila Grids. Fast lenses are best, but even with a 1.8 things will be dark.

The response to darkness that just won't go away is to change your shooting style. Start crawling the web looking for "party" and "band" photography. (Concerts are shot under similar but more difficult lighting situations.)
    Please don't mistake my blunt, pointed posts as my being "angry," "short," or "rude."

I'm generally happy, tall, and fuzzy on the inside.www.NickensPhotography.com