Canon 7D plus Sigma 10-20

ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
edited November 11, 2010 in Cameras
I dont get why the Canon 7D says EF lenses only. Its a crop factor sensor, but it doesnt list EFS lenses as fitting.

Specifically, will a Sigma 10-20 fit on a 7D?

Z
It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2010
    Zanotti wrote: »
    I dont get why the Canon 7D says EF lenses only. Its a crop factor sensor, but it doesnt list EFS lenses as fitting.
    http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_7d#Specifications
  • ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2010
    Ahhhh, EF mount, but accepts EFS lenses. This is why I couldn't figure it out. I kept seeing EF mount and thought that ment EF lenses only.

(I even looked at this web site, but didnt get that deep in the specs.)

(Let me google that for you........)

Thanks,

Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2010
    EFS lenses on 1.6 bodies only. Unless modified.
    EF for all bodies.
  • ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2010
    Actually, you can use 3rd-party "EF-S" lenses and 1.3 & FF bodies. I haven't tried all the brands, but I used to have a Tamron that was crop-sensor-only. Used it on my 1DII. It's still the EF mount, not the EF-S mount. You're gonna get a little vignetting, but that's easily batch-corrected it ACR or whatever else.
  • Brett1000Brett1000 Registered Users Posts: 819 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2010
    Zanotti wrote: »

Specifically, will a Sigma 10-20 fit on a 7D?

Z

yes, the Sigma will work but the 7D takes EF-S lens, why would you think otherwise?