Church

wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
edited November 12, 2010 in Landscapes
582-church-r9906.jpg
Anybody can do it.

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2010
    Looks like a real old church. Is it still in use?
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2010
    Dogdots wrote: »
    Looks like a real old church. Is it still in use?

Yes. A Seventh Day Adventist Church. Hm, maybe built in the early 1970s. I'll know more in a couple weeks. I'm doing some research on the place.
    Anybody can do it.
    edited November 10, 2010
    Here's what was inside---

http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=182723

:)
    Anybody can do it.
    edited November 10, 2010
    They did a good job of recreating something from the past.

I like how you shot the photo of the man opening the doors of the church. Makes the doors look so big :D
    edited November 10, 2010
    They did a good job of recreating something from the past.

I like how you shot the photo of the man opening the doors of the church. Makes the doors look so big :D

Thanks. Oscar was quite a character.

-
    Anybody can do it.
    edited November 11, 2010
    I must say that with 255 views, no one noticed that this was the church in the Kill Bill movies? --I've never seen them though, I recognized it from True Confessions with Deniro and Duvall.
    Anybody can do it.
    edited November 11, 2010
    wfeller wrote: »
    I must say that with 255 views, no one noticed that this was the church in the Kill Bill movies? --I've never seen them though, I recognized it from True Confessions with Deniro and Duvall.

I haven't seen any of those movies...if I had I bet I would of mentioned it :D
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2010
    wfeller wrote: »

You beat me to it, Walter! Soon as I saw your image I thought it was at least a ringer for the Kill Bill church!

Very cool find! thumb.gif
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
    edited November 12, 2010
    I haven't seen any of those movies...if I had I bet I would of mentioned it :D

Actually I haven't seen True Confessions either. I watched probably about the first 20 minutes or so, and was anxious to get out of the room and do something else. How could DeNiro and Duvall let that happen to themselves? The church was amazing though. I knew where it was even though I didn't remember it specifically. It's remote (me and Hollywood like it like that), but I drove right up to it when I finally got a chance to get out there.
    CWSkopec wrote: »
    You beat me to it, Walter! Soon as I saw your image I thought it was at least a ringer for the Kill Bill church!

Very cool find! thumb.gif

I'm impatient I guess. I like Tarantino movies, but for one reason or another, KB has never appealed to me. The church has kind of a cool little history. I'm itching to write about it, but have another project to get out of the way first.

-
    Anybody can do it.