Options

Advice on how to handle Video Galleries

DodgeV83DodgeV83 Registered Users Posts: 379 Major grins
edited September 8, 2005 in SmugMug Support
On my old site, I had unlimited levels of organization...let me try to explain.

I was able to do this...

Sport --> year --> meet (pictures) --> meet (videos compressed) --> meet (videos uncompressed)

With Smugmug I can only do

Sport --> year --> meet (pictures)

If I had one more level, I'd be able to put videos up there easily, but I can't. So I made a video gallery under the "year" gallery (where the picture galleries are), and made it private so it doesn't clutter it up. My idea was to link to the video gallery in the description of the picture gallery. Linking "Duke Videos" inside of the "Duke" gallery for example. This technically works, but it confuses people because the "click here" link shows under the thumbnail for the gallery...but its unclickable! See here.

http://frelow.smugmug.com/Track%20and%20Field/104618

Is there anyway to make the words under the gallery linkable? This was my best idea, and it doesn't work well. I guess I could get rid of the Year subcategory and put them all together...but that'd be a huge mess too.

THEN I tried to put "Duke Videos" right beside the "Duke" gallery, so at least they can say, ok click here for videos, and here for pictures, but when I click on SORT POSITION, nothing happens :( It seems like a bug.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    asdasd Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2005
    DodgeV83 wrote:
    On my old site, I had unlimited levels of organization...let me try to explain.

I was able to do this...

Sport --> year --> meet (pictures) --> meet (videos compressed) --> meet (videos uncompressed)

With Smugmug I can only do

Sport --> year --> meet (pictures)

If I had one more level, I'd be able to put videos up there easily, but I can't. So I made a video gallery under the "year" gallery (where the picture galleries are), and made it private so it doesn't clutter it up. My idea was to link to the video gallery in the description of the picture gallery. Linking "Duke Videos" inside of the "Duke" gallery for example. This technically works, but it confuses people because the "click here" link shows under the thumbnail for the gallery...but its unclickable! See here.

http://frelow.smugmug.com/Track%20and%20Field/104618

Is there anyway to make the words under the gallery linkable? This was my best idea, and it doesn't work well. I guess I could get rid of the Year subcategory and put them all together...but that'd be a huge mess too.

THEN I tried to put "Duke Videos" right beside the "Duke" gallery, so at least they can say, ok click here for videos, and here for pictures, but when I click on SORT POSITION, nothing happens :( It seems like a bug.

Any suggestions?

You've pretty much got it - if you go into your gallery customization options you can turn on Clean mode and then the description will not show up under the thumbnail when you're looking at the list of galleries in year 2005. When you're in the gallery the description will show with the link to your video album. :)
  • Options
    DodgeV83DodgeV83 Registered Users Posts: 379 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2005
    asd wrote:
    You've pretty much got it - if you go into your gallery customization options you can turn on Clean mode and then the description will not show up under the thumbnail when you're looking at the list of galleries in year 2005. When you're in the gallery the description will show with the link to your video album. :)
    clap.gifclapclap.gif Alright!

Thanks! It works perfectly! thumb.gif