Equal time for cowgirls

DixieDixie Registered Users Posts: 1,497 Major grins
edited September 10, 2005 in People
Just try and tell me that she's not having fun riding her horse through a pond.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

35154773-L.jpg
Dixie
Photographs by Dixie
| Canon 1Ds | Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 5D | Canon 50D | Canon 10D | Canon EOS Elan 7 | Mamiya Pro S RB67 |
...and bunches of Canon lenses - I'm equipment rich and dollar poor!

Comments

• bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2005
    Stop will ya your last few posts make me wanna saddle back up and go riding again. Almost forgot what a great feeling that is, Thanks thumb.gif
  • burkeburke Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2005
    what an amazing shot! I love the water droplets and the detail, and her carefree joyful expression - WOW!
  • DixieDixie Registered Users Posts: 1,497 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2005
    bfjr wrote:
    Stop will ya your last few posts make me wanna saddle back up and go riding again. Almost forgot what a great feeling that is, Thanks thumb.gif
    Sorry about that Ben, but I had to give the gals equal time. mwink.gif
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
    | Canon 1Ds | Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 5D | Canon 50D | Canon 10D | Canon EOS Elan 7 | Mamiya Pro S RB67 |
    edited September 9, 2005
    burke wrote:
    what an amazing shot! I love the water droplets and the detail, and her carefree joyful expression - WOW!
    Thank you for your kind comments. The composition is mine. The carefree joyful expression is all hers.
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited September 9, 2005
    Great shot Dixie!! These Mongolian ponies are tough but just too thin, short and miserable; it just seems like abuse to ride one! When I get back to Alberta, Canada one of the first things I am going to do is get back on my horse! Thanks for the reminder of how much fun that is!

Keep pushing that button!

Caleb
  • aurafloraauraflora Registered Users Posts: 471 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2005
    Looks like they are both having great fun. I love the expression on the rider;s face plus the freeze frame of the water splashes.

Michal
    edited September 9, 2005
    Caleb wrote:
    Great shot Dixie!! These Mongolian ponies are tough but just too thin, short and miserable; it just seems like abuse to ride one! When I get back to Alberta, Canada one of the first things I am going to do is get back on my horse! Thanks for the reminder of how much fun that is!

Keep pushing that button!

Caleb
    Doesn't look like there's much water or grass for them.
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
    edited September 9, 2005
    auraflora wrote:
    Looks like they are both having great fun. I love the expression on the rider;s face plus the freeze frame of the water splashes.

Michal
    Thanks for the comments, Michal. I just used AI Servo (AF-C on the Nikons) and kept shooting as she came towards me.
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
  • StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2005
    Dixie
    All I do is push a button
    There's a whole lot more going on than you give yourself credit for. Good work.
  • KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2005
    Great shot Dixie.

I like the water action, her expression, and the background is in perfect blur.

Nice job.thumb.gif
    edited September 10, 2005
    StevenV wrote:
    There's a whole lot more going on than you give yourself credit for. Good work.
    Thank you Steven.
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
    edited September 10, 2005
    Khaos wrote:
    Great shot Dixie.

I like the water action, her expression, and the background is in perfect blur.

Nice job.thumb.gif
    Thanks Khaos. Here is the EXIF, but basically it was set the f-stop to 2.8 and let the shutter go which was 1/2500 sec.
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie