Shot a Shooter

Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
edited November 10, 2010 in People
On a campaign for Colon Cancer month, I shot one of the primary Travis Teate.

5158203873_fb79003751_b.jpg

Comments

• lmyamenlmyamen Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited November 8, 2010
    absolutely love it.
  • MomaZunkMomaZunk Registered Users Posts: 421 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2010
    I like this alot...
  • KsjonesKsjones Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited November 8, 2010
    this is great!
    My Website

-K. Spencer Jones
  • briandelionbriandelion Registered Users Posts: 512 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2010
    You caught the moment! Great composition and I love the intense light hightened by the pp treatment. I would be very interested in how you processed this one if you would like to share. clap.gif
    "Photography is not about the thing photographed.
    It is about how that thing looks photographed." Garry Winogrand

Avatar credit: photograph by Duane Michals- picture of me, 'Smash Palace' album
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2010
    Love it!
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • lmyamenlmyamen Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited November 9, 2010
    You caught the moment! Great composition and I love the intense light hightened by the pp treatment. I would be very interested in how you processed this one if you would like to share. clap.gif

+1 thumb.gif
  • lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2010
    Nice!
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2010

Thanks for the compliments everyone! Briandelion, I wish I could tell you other than I never use presets and always use layers until something I like comes across as a keeper. I'm big on contrast, lens flare, etc. I'll then take a solid yellow layer, then pink, then blue, etc. and simply start erasing at different strengths until it sinks in. Different blending modes gives different looks and that as well gets toyed around with until I just end up with something that registers. Sorry, hope that helps but like I said...if you were to search actual data from any of my images, there won't be a single one that has the exact same numbers across the board. Tedious? You bet! But worth it? Of course! :D
  • briandelionbriandelion Registered Users Posts: 512 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2010
    Thanks for the compliments everyone! Briandelion, I wish I could tell you other than I never use presets and always use layers until something I like comes across as a keeper. :D

I hear you. I never use presets myself. Kind of like getting under the hood and fixing the car yourself. :D In any case, nice intuitive pp work.
    "Photography is not about the thing photographed.
    It is about how that thing looks photographed." Garry Winogrand

Avatar credit: photograph by Duane Michals- picture of me, 'Smash Palace' album
  • Bryans12vBryans12v Registered Users Posts: 362 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2010
    Stunning image! Great shot and PP! thumb.gif