Options

Windoze 7 and Adobe CS3 conflict...

Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
edited November 9, 2010 in Weddings
I don't know if this will last here, but I thought that it might be appropriate for this forum since the forum members are photoshop users for the most part. If not, mod, please move it.

I just upgraded to a Win 7 machine. I was using CS3 on my old XP computer. I abruptly found out that CS3 is not compatible with Windows 7. This from Adobe...representative, Neelu...they didn't specify Win 7 32 bit or 64 bit, or any specific version of Windows 7, just that Adobe CS3 isn't compatible. I also had the same response from the HP rep...which prompted me to contact Adobe in the first place. So, if you are planning an upgrade to your computer system...maybe you should figure in the price of Adobe CS5, that is if you are using a PC and going to Win 7.

My new copy of CS5 will be here tomorrow...yay...

Lightroom 1 runs fine...go figure. Upgrading that soon...was waiting until I upgraded the computer...my old system was soooo slooooow...

If you know different or have had success running Adobe CS3 in Win 7...please comment here.

Originally posted in tech section.

Hope this helps.
Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed

Comments

• Options
    r3t1awr3ydr3t1awr3yd Registered Users Posts: 1,000 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2010
    I run CS3 with windows 7, 64bit. Never had an issue...

Hi! I'm Wally: website | blog | facebook | IG | scotchNsniff
    Nikon addict. D610, Tok 11-16, Sig 24-35, Nik 24-70/70-200vr
  • Options
    ChrisqChrisq Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited November 8, 2010
    dating myself here, but using CS2 just fine with Windows 7 and not one glitch........upgrading soon, just cuz!
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2010
    r3t1awr3yd wrote: »
    I run CS3 with windows 7, 64bit. Never had an issue...

I just spoke with a live person at Adobe and was told that indeed CS3 is completely compatible with Windows 7 64 bit. So, I was given the run around from HP and agent Neelu at Adobe's chat tech support. Go figure. Oh well, sorry to take up your time. May your luck be better than mine.

Ed
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2010
    I have a few display issues with cs3 and win7. I set my theme on the machine to windows classic and that takes out a lot of the new windows desktop/folder view options and that works best for me. I was having some crashing with bridge and ps. I still do crash sometimes but only when I have many 5dmkII files open at once. Having to convert the 5dmkii files to dng is part of the problem I'm sure.

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2010
    I'm processing Nikon raw files on a home built PC (never bought one in my life if that shows my age :p).

• Options
    edited November 9, 2010
    r3t1awr3yd wrote: »
    I'm processing Nikon raw files on a home built PC (never bought one in my life if that shows my age :p).

Wally,

Your age...my age...this is the first PC that I didn't build since my 486-100. I started with a Tandy 1000 from Radio Shack...no hard drives. It came with two 5.25 floppies, 128 K of RAM...and I added a memory board upgrade with 256K more...for a total RAM of 384 K. Hard drives are what put the magic in computers...that and Windows--like'em or not...oh yeah...and color monitors.rolleyes1.gif

Matt

I ordered CS5...it should be here tomorrow...I've been going to do that for a while...so this was a good enough reason. Now if CS5 doesn't run...back the box goes...lol...I can only put up with so much these days.

Thanks for your responses. I think I'm putting this baby to bed. :ivar

Ed
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2010
    Ed911 wrote: »
    Wally,

Your age...my age...this is the first PC that I didn't build since my 486-100. I started with a Tandy 1000 from Radio Shack...no hard drives. It came with two 5.25 floppies, 128 K of RAM...and I added a memory board upgrade with 256K more...for a total RAM of 384 K. Hard drives are what put the magic in computers...that and Windows--like'em or not...oh yeah...and color monitors.rolleyes1.gif

I was 9 building my 386-sx25. :P CGA monitor and all. Mostly built from DRMO parts that my dad would buy at government auctions. (We're talking 1990).

The days of 4mb RAM and 40MB MFM/RLL hard drives are long gone rolleyes1.gif

128k of ram though... that's sad stuff lol. And 5.25" HD/DD floppies?? lol~!!

• Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2010
    Ed911 wrote: »
    Wally,

Matt

I ordered CS5...it should be here tomorrow...I've been going to do that for a while...so this was a good enough reason. Now if CS5 doesn't run...back the box goes...lol...I can only put up with so much these days.

Thanks for your responses. I think I'm putting this baby to bed. :ivar

You will love cs5... predictive fill and the new camera raw features are bomb. I ran the trial for a month and then became broke again and ended up not upgrading yet even though I loved it. I'm thinking Santa's going to hook me up, but you never know.

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2010
    mmmatt wrote: »
    You will love cs5... predictive fill and the new camera raw features are bomb. I ran the trial for a month and then became broke again and ended up not upgrading yet even though I loved it. I'm thinking Santa's going to hook me up, but you never know.
    Matt

Matt

I know about budgets. I've been waiting for a while to upgrade my computer...and now unexpectedly...also CS3.

Okay, lights out. Laughing.gif.

Ed