Options

Sorting (Arranging) Photos Feature

CaliforniahikerCaliforniahiker Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited September 12, 2005 in SmugMug Support
has not been working within the galleries. I positioned (re-arranged) my photos and clicked the "save" button... but my photos are not being re-arranged.

The re-arranging of galleries works... so why not the photos inside the galleries?:cry

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2005
    i just tried all three "arrange" options, and they worked fine. can you please try again, and if your problem persists please email help@smugmug.com with exactly which "arrange" option isn't working for you, and also what operating system you're using and what browser.

thanks!
  • Options
    asdasd Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2005
    In your gallery customization options you've set "Sort By" to Position, right? I think any of the other options take precedence over how you've hand-arranged them.

I've rearranged photos before without setting that option and had a moment of panic when I saved the positions and the photos didn't move. umph.gif
  • Options
    blackqueenblackqueen Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited September 11, 2005
    asd wrote:
    In your gallery customization options you've set "Sort By" to Position, right? I think any of the other options take precedence over how you've hand-arranged them.

I've rearranged photos before without setting that option and had a moment of panic when I saved the positions and the photos didn't move. umph.gif
    I brought this up last week if I think this is the same problem. I can arrange my main galleries but I cannot arrange sub galleries properly. When I go into that option on whatever gallery it brings up ALL the galleries I have in that account on Smugmug. Hence, re-arranging just 3 galleries within a category becomes a nightmare of finding the 3 and making sure they work within may 40 galleries in all on Smugmug! Its possible but messy and time-consuming. This has only been a problem recently, since all the changes I guess. I want to make my galleries public soon but can't till this is sorted. I have band photos up for a website and I want to arrange them by concert date - not by date created, date updated but by position so that I can choose which order they run in, i.e. photos from latest gigs first (but of course I'm not adding pictures in the right order just now).

I hope this makes sense and this problem gets sorted soon. It worked perfectly before and is frustrating and annoying now. It's making me consider leaving Smugmug because I've lost that ability now, or at least it's been made too fiddly and time-consuming. I don't have time for that with the number of photos I'm currently handling.

Yours frustatedly... :cry
    The more you ignore me, the closer I get... :1drink
  • Options
    asdasd Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2005
    blackqueen wrote:
    I brought this up last week if I think this is the same problem. I can arrange my main galleries but I cannot arrange sub galleries properly. When I go into that option on whatever gallery it brings up ALL the galleries I have in that account on Smugmug. Hence, re-arranging just 3 galleries within a category becomes a nightmare of finding the 3 and making sure they work within may 40 galleries in all on Smugmug! Its possible but messy and time-consuming. This has only been a problem recently, since all the changes I guess. I want to make my galleries public soon but can't till this is sorted. I have band photos up for a website and I want to arrange them by concert date - not by date created, date updated but by position so that I can choose which order they run in, i.e. photos from latest gigs first (but of course I'm not adding pictures in the right order just now).

I hope this makes sense and this problem gets sorted soon. It worked perfectly before and is frustrating and annoying now. It's making me consider leaving Smugmug because I've lost that ability now, or at least it's been made too fiddly and time-consuming. I don't have time for that with the number of photos I'm currently handling.

Yours frustatedly... :cry

I think Californiahiker is talking about arranging photos within a gallery while you're talking about arranging galleries.

I'll go find your thread and reply to it...
  • Options
    CaliforniahikerCaliforniahiker Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited September 12, 2005
    asd wrote:
    I think Californiahiker is talking about arranging photos within a gallery while you're talking about arranging galleries.

I'll go find your thread and reply to it...
    That's right... I have no trouble arranging galleries, just photos inside galleries. But.. this also worked without a problem before changes were implemented!