Nikon S7000, any issues

sundanceimagesundanceimage Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
edited November 12, 2010 in Cameras
I am about to purchase a Nikon Point and shoot. I have 2 D100's but I want something I can just grab, stuff anywhere and go that is light and easy to carry. I have been looking at the s8100 and s7000 but since the s8100 does not do RAW or have a viewfinder it's now off the list.

Any one that owns the s7000 having any issues with it?

I have always owned Nikon's but I'm open to anything that is min. 10 MP, has a viewfinder and shoots RAW ...Oh.. and under $400 if you feels it's a better camera than the s7000.

Thanks

Comments

• 3power3power Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited November 12, 2010
    I am about to purchase a Nikon Point and shoot. I have 2 D100's but I want something I can just grab, stuff anywhere and go that is light and easy to carry. I have been looking at the s8100 and s7000 but since the s8100 does not do RAW or have a viewfinder it's now off the list.

Any one that owns the s7000 having any issues with it?

I have always owned Nikon's but I'm open to anything that is min. 10 MP, has a viewfinder and shoots RAW ...Oh.. and under $400 if you feels it's a better camera than the s7000.

Thanks

Do you mean the P7000? The one that looks like the Canon G12?

I've read about issues with that camera for sure - slow RAW write times and lens lock ups being the most critical.