Vampire Look?

TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
edited November 10, 2010 in People
I was trying to create a really different detailed look, but now I think I've PP'd too much and I'm not sure I like it. There are some areas on her face that at TOO in focus (under her lip, parts of her hairline). Should I smooth them, should I start all over, or just throw this picture away altogether?

dzj2q.jpg
I wanted to try a heavily PP'd look so that's how this whole thing got started, but I think I ended up in Twilight land, lol
Canon Fan

Comments

• SimpsonBrothersSimpsonBrothers Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2010
    Desaturate the red levels 50%
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2010
    I also think it's too saturated. I think once you adjust that it should be good. One more thing I just noticed. Her neck on camera right, looks like her skin is scarred but I think its her hair that gives that appearance. May want to clean that up.

Oh... and there seems to be a bit of food or something stuck to the right side of her lower lip? rolleyes1.gif
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2010
    Thanks guys, I didn't even notice that 'scarring' on her neck! I tried to desat it and didn't like the way it looked, but I will play around with it some more when I get home from work :-)
    Canon Fan
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2010
    personally I like the PP
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2010
    Qarik wrote: »
    personally I like the PP

15524779-Ti.gif

I don't find it over-done at all. If anything, the contrast/blacks are a *bit* too high but that's it.

And have no fear, you're not in Twilight PP'ing zone yet, the "vegetarian" vamps have golden eyes and the "bad" vamps have red. Her skin would be MUCH paler and beyond flawless, maybe with a hint of sparkles to it, too.
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2010
    I accidently discovered vampire eyes when I lightened eyes too much and they had skinny pupils from looking towards the sun ( in shade) these were light blue eyes, but I think the eyes in general are much lighter in the vampire arena these days even like ikmadison said golden , it really gives the eerie vibe
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2010
    I like this, just back off the blacks a wee bit!
    Isn't that a small gem on her lower lip?
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2010
    Thanks for all the comments guys, and yes, she does have her lip pierced. I had a lot of trouble with processing this because she wears a TON of makeup, lots of powder and too much concealer (I don't know why, I have seen her fresh faced and she has nice skin), so every time she has a facial expression she gets fine lines in her make-up. Next time I shoot with her I will wash her face first, hehe.
    Canon Fan
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2010
    Thanks for all the comments guys, and yes, she does have her lip pierced. I had a lot of trouble with processing this because she wears a TON of makeup, lots of powder and too much concealer (I don't know why, I have seen her fresh faced and she has nice skin), so every time she has a facial expression she gets fine lines in her make-up. Next time I shoot with her I will wash her face first, hehe.

I have had to have models wash their face many times due to the amount of face paint.....Good photo.............thumb.gifthumb
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website