Waterfall

david-lowdavid-low Registered Users Posts: 752 Major grins
edited November 12, 2010 in Landscapes
Been to Jiuzhaigou National Park (China) which is a UNESCO heritage. There are so many waterfalls and here just 2 of them I like to share.

1058797639_j6h9B-O.jpg

1078548069_GLVbo-O.jpg

Would you care to advise which one you prefer or both trash bound. Thanks.

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2010
    Both of these are really cool and abstract. I love abstracts in nature because it can be very difficult to find. thumb.gif

I like the simplicity of the first, but there are so many great textures in the second, too. I'm just not sure the current incarnation is working for it, as it looks a little flat. Not sure what I would do in your case. Maybe b/w?
  • david-lowdavid-low Registered Users Posts: 752 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2010
    schmoo wrote: »
    Both of these are really cool and abstract. I love abstracts in nature because it can be very difficult to find. thumb.gif

I like the simplicity of the first, but there are so many great textures in the second, too. I'm just not sure the current incarnation is working for it, as it looks a little flat. Not sure what I would do in your case. Maybe b/w?

Thanks for your input. Your b/w is food for thought for me. May try it out.
  • ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2010
    I don't know about #2. But 1 I might like better if you focused on the leaves and used a longer shutter speed to blur the water. And it looks like you have some sensor dust, or is that something in the photo? Looks like sensor dust to me ;~)
    edited November 11, 2010
    I don't know about #2. But 1 I might like better if you focused on the leaves and used a longer shutter speed to blur the water. And it looks like you have some sensor dust, or is that something in the photo? Looks like sensor dust to me ;~)

Its not sensor dust at all.

Yes, blurring of water is the norm in waterfall and I have taken so many. Here are some:
    http://david-low.smugmug.com/Other/JiuzhaigouHuanglong-China/14492973_Zo3pU#1078393315_nyutV

The high speed was intentional to show an essence of power. That was what I have in mind. Personally I don't mind whether the leaves are blur or sharp, that wasn't the subject.

Thanks for looking and comments
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,341 moderator
    edited November 12, 2010
    I like both of these shots, but it's the water in the first photo that really pulls me in. Very nice.

--- Denise
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2010
    I like the first one as well, the juxtadposed objects are so unexpected it works, for me at least.
    edited November 12, 2010
    Doug, Denise,

Thanks for dropping by and appreciate your comments