Made a Stop...

rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
edited November 10, 2010 in Landscapes
on the way to work this morning by a little lake not far from our place. This morning saw the first real frost in our area and I just thought this was a nice picture. I hope you do to. I sure enjoy having the s95 along with me!

Ron

Here are a couple versions of basically the same scene. Do you prefer one over the other?
1085144912_mzdHe-XL.jpg

1085144889_2rDsS-XL.jpg
"The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95

Comments

• dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2010
    I prefer #1.thumb.gif Congrats on that camera. I have been researching P&Ss myself, but have not yet puled the trigger.
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2010
    Thanks Dan! The s95 is really a great little camera!! It does not have a huge zoom range, but is capable of taking some great pictures. It works well in low light and also lets you shoot in RAW. It is a very easy camera to carry!

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited November 10, 2010
    I like the crop better in the second, the processing of the trees better in the first, and the sky better in the second. Time for some layers treatment. naughty.gif

Glad to hear you're liking the S95. I love my S90 as well.

Cheers,
    -joel
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2010
    I like the 1st one, but sky in the 2nd. Congrats :)
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • EnlightphotoEnlightphoto Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited November 10, 2010
    I think I'd prefer a panoramic crop of # 1. I really like that grass.
  • jackiejayjackiejay Registered Users Posts: 714 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2010
    I liked the first one better also,the panoramic look really looks nice in the first one.
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2010
    i like the first one best... you can see more of the lake, and i find that clump of tall grass on the left in # 2 a bit distracting. looks like that s95 is serving you well, though! ;)
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com