2-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

Which do you prefer? 13 votes

30% 4 votes
38% 5 votes
30% 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2010
    Interesting... I get different emotions in each of them. #1 seems to be saying he's just got some really bad news. #2 tells me he's had a long and stressful day. #3 gives me the impression he's got a bad hangover.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    ki_userki_user Registered Users Posts: 122 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2010
    Not sure about the hangover one but I really like your interpretation of them.
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2010
    I like 2 the best. 1 seems bit staged for some reason. #2 and #3 are very similar so at 1st I couldn't tell why I was getting different reaction to them..but it's the hand in #2. It seems more "pressed" to the face which gives it that added tension.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    MacushlaMacushla Registered Users Posts: 347 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2010
    I read shame / regret on the first one, they eyes are completely covered. The other two I just get frustration / fatigue. I like the first one I think it says more, although I'm not sure what you're trying to say with these. headscratch.gif
  • Options
    briandelionbriandelion Registered Users Posts: 512 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2010
    How about combining all three into a montage playing around with blending modes and ghosting effects? Just an idea since they evoke a sense of real mystery.
    "Photography is not about the thing photographed.
    It is about how that thing looks photographed." Garry Winogrand

Avatar credit: photograph by Duane Michals- picture of me, 'Smash Palace' album
  • Options
    MomaZunkMomaZunk Registered Users Posts: 421 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2010
    #1 looks like a classic "face palm", and I prefer to see at least some of the face.
    #2 has more light on the face
    #3 is my preferred. More of the face is concealed in shadow, and you seem to be more contemplative.
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2010
    they all make me feel sad for you, is that the intent?
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    ki_userki_user Registered Users Posts: 122 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2010
    Thanks for all your votes and comments, I'll be honest with you the intention of the pictures was to get people to think about their own interpretation. Most of the the aspects of the picture are intentional, creased shirt, glass filled to the top, empty ashtray and the skinny "cigarette", just to build interest and people wonder what am I feeling.
    VayCayMom wrote: »
    they all make me feel sad for you, is that the intent?

Thanks, I wanted the picture to provoke emotion rather than something just to look at. In an emotional way this is me in the bad time as I suffer with depression, but in a factual way it isn't because I don't smoke and I don't drink spirits (which to me is what the contents of the glass represent)