Could use some help

JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
edited November 11, 2010 in People
I finished a session and the mom loves the pictures. However, there was one image that she was wondering if I could clone out a bra strap. I did see it, but wasn't sure if it was a tank or bra so I left it.

So, I bring the picture into photoshop and try to clone it out, and try and try. I'm good when it's an easy clone. I'm not certain how to do this when her hair is all over that strap.

Is there anyone that could tell me the best way to do it?

Here is the picture:

1076121828_N4vND-L.jpg

Comments

• VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2010
    Coming from a mother of two... the white strap looks to be from a tank top, the blue strap is hard to say, I think it might even be a sports bra. My opinion is that the subject is comfortable with what she is wearing and even IF it is a bra strap we already can see she is wearing one tank top, so what does one more strap mean? Not much. I think it is OK to leave it.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2010
    VayCayMom wrote: »
    Coming from a mother of two... the white strap looks to be from a tank top, the blue strap is hard to say, I think it might even be a sports bra. My opinion is that the subject is comfortable with what she is wearing and even IF it is a bra strap we already can see she is wearing one tank top, so what does one more strap mean? Not much. I think it is OK to leave it.

That's what I thought too...however the mom would like it made either white or gone. lol I'll have to play around and try to make it white. ne_nau.gif
  • briandelionbriandelion Registered Users Posts: 512 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2010
    How about this? Make an empty layer and clone some of the nearby hair over the blue strap. ne_nau.gif

1076121828_N4vND-Lfix.jpg
    "Photography is not about the thing photographed.
    It is about how that thing looks photographed." Garry Winogrand

Avatar credit: photograph by Duane Michals- picture of me, 'Smash Palace' album
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2010
    ^^^I was going to to do the same but Brian beat me to it. Looks good Brian!
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2010
    That does look very good! Thank you, I'll clone hair over it like you did. I was trying to remove the whole thing. :)<3 Thanks everyone.
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2010
    You can always clone from other areas of the skin like her other shoulder that is also in shadow. Zoom way in to do the clone.
    Use spot grabs as big as you can, the use the blur over the top of it to even it out.
    There is also the healing brush that might work in that small area, it never seems to work for me however.