Stormy skies are not always bad!

AdamKAdamK Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
edited November 12, 2010 in Landscapes
I was going for a walk on an exposed hill during gale force winds (don't know why?) and saw a beautiful storm heading over and before I lost the morning light I took a photo, while the wind tried to take my DSLR. :) C&C would be very appreciated!

5166681982_1092d61d47_z.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2010
    I actually much prefer "foul" weather (unless I happen to be shooting IR) just for this reason. What a great view! thumb.gif
  • AdamKAdamK Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited November 11, 2010
    schmoo wrote: »
    I actually much prefer "foul" weather (unless I happen to be shooting IR) just for this reason. What a great view! thumb.gif

Same. Foul weather gives such a unique photo opportunity that others hardly ever capture. people see horrible weather they sit in with a hot coco, myself; I am battling the conditions for one photo! Thankyou Schmoo! :D
  • CanonFanCanonFan Registered Users Posts: 182 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2010
    I was at Canyonlands Park , my first time there, and a storm was all over the place. At first I was dissapointed and figured I wouldn't get a good shot but it turned out that it added a great element to my photo. So, yes, storms can be a good thing!
    Capture the Light!

Franklin, NC
  • AdamKAdamK Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited November 12, 2010
    CanonFan wrote: »
    I was at Canyonlands Park , my first time there, and a storm was all over the place. At first I was dissapointed and figured I wouldn't get a good shot but it turned out that it added a great element to my photo. So, yes, storms can be a good thing!

I love the lighting! really nice photo Canonfan :D Yeah even if it is bad weather I always get my camera out and with digital it's no problem if the photos turn out rubbish, but in your case that's a fantastic photo.