Options

Will the stats ever work ?

bohdankbohdank Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
edited November 20, 2010 in Bug Reporting
If it's not one problem that lasts a few days to magically disappear, to only see another one pop up.

Now it seems that the Photo views this month is getting incremented and the statistics/today/popularity is lagging way behind. I noticed this yesterday.

Since around Oct 22 till today, it seems there has been one problem or another with the stats.

www.bwkphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2010
    Can you be more precise please? I see tons of stats on your page...I'm trying to understand your expectations vs. what we're delivering.
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2010
    Andy wrote: »
    Can you be more precise please? I see tons of stats on your page...I'm trying to understand your expectations vs. what we're delivering.

If you go into Control Panel...look at the stats for the month figure.... then go to statistics/today/popularity you will see a total at the bottom. That number is being incremented at a far slower rate than the "this month" number. Since I mad my post, the monthly numbers increased by just over 100 and the second total on the "today page" incremented by only 1.

Of course you are going to have to hang around the "monthly stats" and see if it increments. then go to the other page and see of that toal also went up.
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2010
    Still doing it this morning. Monthly stats incremented by 43, total for the day, 0. This in the last 15 minutes.

It seems that, overnight, the daily totals caught up but I am not sure.
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2010
    Add another 63 to monthly stats total and 0 to Popularity/Today.
  • Options
    b7j0cb7j0c Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited November 12, 2010
    hi again Bohdan!

i'm looking at your stats now and the monthly totals seems to be aligned. we had some systems issues yesterday and this morning (nov 12) that might have caused some processing delays.

as always, feel free to email me directly with issues at brad@smugmug.com

brad clawsie
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2010
    Thanks, Brad. I made some notes this morning on the running totals but don't have them with me so can't comment on the current totals.
  • Options
    b7j0cb7j0c Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited November 20, 2010
    another update here...last night i rolled out a change to *one* of our live servers to get this backlog erased. fortunately it worked (one just one machine of many).

so today i'm going to get our fearless leader to roll this out to our entire server array. if the change is a success, i would expect that by tomorrow (sunday) at noon, all backlogs will be gone

we'll still be a bit in experimentation mode, so as always, everyone's input is valued! as always, any of you can email me directly at brad@smugmug.com too

thanks
    brad clawsie