Options

Homepage link...

OakleyOakley Registered Users Posts: 446 Major grins
edited March 20, 2011 in Dgrin Forum Support
Just wondering why some (actually it seems like most) dgrinners don't provide or advertise their photo homepages. I just don't get it...:dunno

Anybody want to explain it to me?

Thanks
Ryan Oakley - www.ryanoakleyphotography.ca [My smugmug site]
www.photographyontheside.com [My blog about creating a part-time photography business]
Create A Gorgeous Photography Website with Smugmug in 90 Minutes [My free course if you need help setting up and customizing your SmugMug site]

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2005
    Oakley wrote:
    Just wondering why some (actually it seems like most) dgrinners don't provide or advertise their photo homepages. I just don't get it...ne_nau.gif

Anybody want to explain it to me?

Thanks

not only homepage, but other info in the usercp, profile also. location, gear, etc. homepage is important very important and i suspect it's just ignorance of the dgrin forum software feature :D threads like this will help the cause, thanks for bringing it up
  • Options
    MelodinaMelodina Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited March 20, 2011
    Well, this is one dgrinner who wants her homepage viewable .......... but I can't figure out how to do it? When I click on other names on dgrin the option is shown to go to their homepage. But with mine the option isn't shown? I've tried control panel, etc. That seems easier to me than posting pixs on dgrin (also cause I don't know how to do that yet either). Yep, I'm a beginner.
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,189 moderator
    edited March 20, 2011
    Melodina wrote: »
    Well, this is one dgrinner who wants her homepage viewable .......... but I can't figure out how to do it? When I click on other names on dgrin the option is shown to go to their homepage. But with mine the option isn't shown? I've tried control panel, etc. That seems easier to me than posting pixs on dgrin (also cause I don't know how to do that yet either). Yep, I'm a beginner.

Adding your home page is easy. In the DGrin navigation bar at the top of the forum click You. Then click Edit Your Details and navigate down to Home Page URL. Enter the URL of your home page there and save. Anyone clicking on your username will now have a drop down menu that includes your home page.

Here is the tutorial resource that explains how to post photos into a post.
    http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/1083138
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky