Manfrotto Issues and D7

grazzianograzziano Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited November 13, 2010 in Cameras
Hi - I rarely post on here, but I have two questions and I was thinking maybe someone on here could help.

#1 - Can anyone recommend somewhere to buy parts for my Manfrotto joystick head. I need one part replaced pronto. I contacted manfrotto but haven't heard back yet.

#2 I have a new Canon D7. Love it! But I'm having trouble getting the HD video to play on my computer. It plays fine on the camera but not when I transfer it. Any ideas? I'm new to the video end of things.

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2010
    grazziano wrote: »
    Hi - I rarely post on here, but I have two questions and I was thinking maybe someone on here could help.

#1 - Can anyone recommend somewhere to buy parts for my Manfrotto joystick head. I need one part replaced pronto. I contacted manfrotto but haven't heard back yet.
    Thanks for any help!

If you contacted the manufacturer in Italy good luck getting a response pronto. I sent them a message on October 27th, and they just responded today saying.. they forwarded my message to the distributor in the USA.
    Jer
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited November 12, 2010
    http://www.bogenimaging.us/Jahia/site/bius/pid/14084

For your second question, what processor, how much RAM, HD specifications, operating system, etc.

HD video takes an amazing amount of computer horsepower. I finally had success playing back video from the Canon 5D MKII when I upgraded to:

Intel Core i5 750(2.66GHz) processor (quad core)
    4GB DDR3 RAM
    500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT (PCI Express 2.0 x16)
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • grazzianograzziano Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited November 13, 2010
    Thanks for the help everyone! The answer for the D7 is definitely my computer power. I'm looking into upgrading. :) Thanks again!
  • ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2010
    It's a 7D, not a D7 ;~)