Options

Tracking hotlinked images

lurkerlurker Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
edited September 12, 2005 in SmugMug Support
is there anyway that STANDARD package user track the b/w usage of their gallery by locating where were their images hotlinked from?

i think this is good to prevent b/w leechers

Comments

• Options
    edited September 12, 2005
    lurker wrote:
    is there anyway that STANDARD package user track the b/w usage of their gallery by locating where were their images hotlinked from?

i think this is good to prevent b/w leechers

err.. allo? ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    lurker wrote:
    err.. allo? ne_nau.gif

have you emailed this to help@smugmug.com ?

cheers
  • Options
    flyingpylonflyingpylon Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    Smugmug Support has the final say, but I don't think there is currently any way to do this at any user level, because users are not able to see the raw http requests made to the server. It sure would be nice though... since we get charged for bandwidth it would be nice if we had some control over it or at least some more knowledge about how it was being used.
  • Options
    andy wrote:
    have you emailed this to help@smugmug.com ?

cheers
    okie, will email them with a link to this thread
  • Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    There are just too many images and too many hits to be able to provide individual image tracking. Our daily web servers logs right now are in the GB size range, and we just can't add that to photo database, sorry :(

I am not saying it will never happen - we may come up with some ingenious way of doing it. But there are higher priorities that we need to focus on.

Smugmug Support has the final say, but I don't think there is currently any way to do this at any user level, because users are not able to see the raw http requests made to the server. It sure would be nice though... since we get charged for bandwidth it would be nice if we had some control over it or at least some more knowledge about how it was being used.