Burst of Color

El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins
edited November 15, 2010 in Landscapes
Midwestern fall colors along a local hiking path. This is an HDR image of the color burst that presented itself as we rounded the bend in the trail. Smack, full frontal color, it was a fantastic scene and great day for hiking.

Comments

• ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2010
    Nice colors, but when I look at it, my eye is drawn to the path on the right. Maybe you could show more of that. You can see the HDR effects in the blurry leaves from blending exposures, but not much you can do about that.
  • PGMPGM Registered Users Posts: 2,007 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2010
    Question: Do you pros out there consider blurry leaves as a result of HDR a serious flaw in a photo, or just a tolerable effect? To me, in a landscape photo where realistic presentation is the goal, it is a serious flaw, but I am new to HDR for sure. I do love the colors in the photo! So striking! Thanks, Pam
  • ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2010
    PGM wrote: »
    Question: Do you pros out there consider blurry leaves as a result of HDR a serious flaw in a photo, or just a tolerable effect? To me, in a landscape photo where realistic presentation is the goal, it is a serious flaw, but I am new to HDR for sure. I do love the colors in the photo! So striking! Thanks, Pam

Well, I guess it depends on what look you're going for. I never really was a big fan of it, but some people might be. I don't do HDRs, I really need to get into it...
  • El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2010
    Blurry leaves
    The blur in the leaves is a direct result of my not waiting long enough to depress the cable release. I waited and waited, and waited some more and then JUST when you think all is still, a suttle breeze, even the faintest, causes "things" to move and wham, blurred leaves.

In HDR, motion is a killer. To have any motion in your images, especially as was noted (ThatCanonGuy "..blending exposures...") will result in some level of blur.

I will work on my patience and keep my thumb off the trigger release!!

Thanks for everyone's feedback and comments - muchly appreciated!