EOS Utility 2.5.1 & 1D MII

RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
edited November 13, 2010 in Cameras
Cameras seems to be a good place for this. If not please move it.

I run the 2.5.1 EOS utility on a Mac. Then camera is connected to the Mac via a USB cable and is turned on. A CameraWindow message pops-up that "No camera was found". Of course, I get that when the EOS utility is not running, too.

I bought this camera used, so I want to access the camera in order to change the owner settings.

The ID MII is running the latest firmware 1.2.6

Any ideas?

Edit - when I plug in the 5D MII the EOS utility immediately recognizes the camera. So, the cable and the software are working (at least as far as the 5D goes).

Comments

• ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2010
    Sweet, you've got a 1DII. Don't you love it?:Dmwink.gifrolleyes1.giflust

It's probably you don't have the drivers for the 1d2. Go to Canon's 1D2 page, click Support, choose your OS, then select the driver. I never hook mine up, what user settings do you want to change?
  • RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2010
    Sweet, you've got a 1DII. Don't you love it?:Dmwink.gifrolleyes1.giflust

It's probably you don't have the drivers for the 1d2. Go to Canon's 1D2 page, click Support, choose your OS, then select the driver. I never hook mine up, what user settings do you want to change?

I haven't used it too much yet. Tomorrow I am going to take to the gymnastics meet to practice some shooting there.

There are no Mac-specific drivers available from Canon's site. There are a whole lot of updates to the various software such as EOS Utility (which I grabbed so that I am now running ver. 2.8.1). That did not help with the problem of not being able to find the 1D camera.

As to what I want to change - well the previous owner configured the camera so that his name is in the EXIF of each file. I did this with my 20D (which is gone) and my 5D MII. Here is a screen shot of what I am talking about for the 5D:

EOS_Utility.jpg

So, when I import the files into Lightroom the owner and copyright fields are already filled-in.
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited November 13, 2010
    Apparently on the Canon 1D MKII/MKIIN you need to attach the camera via firewire to the computer and then use the EOS Utility software to change the owner information.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2010
    You definitely need EOS utility. I don't think you can connect the 1d2 with USB. I think it's only Firewire. Were you trying to connect it via USB?
    edited November 13, 2010
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    Apparently on the Canon 1D MKII/MKIIN you need to attach the camera via firewire to the computer and then use the EOS Utility software to change the owner information.
    Ya' know, if I actually read the manual deal.gif then I wouldn't have so many posts asking questions. Thanks for that, Ziggy. All is good now. thumb.gif
    edited November 13, 2010
    You definitely need EOS utility. I don't think you can connect the 1d2 with USB. I think it's only Firewire. Were you trying to connect it via USB?
    Yup - old habit from other cameras. Didn't think it was different.