Dss 63

DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
edited November 14, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
I thought this would be a good challenge. I had so many things I wanted to do but did not have the time to pull them off. I did get some in the genre I normally am pursuing.
C&C very appreciated
1. Sandhills In Flight
1089545100_omDZx-L.jpg

2. Some Abstract Dried Flowers
1089699757_CHrYb-L.jpg

3.Sunset Silhouettes
1089699333_6EGEZ-L.jpg

1089699304_Y4FCD-L.jpg

1089699288_S6aA8-L.jpg

6.Egret Statue
1089698771_Ghov9-L.jpg
Chris K. NANPA Member
http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/

Comments

• ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2010
    Lovin' number 3! Like the contrast of the minimalism and the action of the birds. Nice job.

I think the best thing about this challenge is that it allows everyone to show their genre. What they like shooting.
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2010
    ghinson wrote: »
    Lovin' number 3! Like the contrast of the minimalism and the action of the birds. Nice job.

I think the best thing about this challenge is that it allows everyone to show their genre. What they like shooting.
    15524779-Ti.gif

I love the variety of flight positions from upper left to lower right.

#5 is also appealing - the range of yellow to orange above ominous clouds in the sky is really dramatic.
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
  • SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2010
    3 and 5 without a doubt. Beautiful!
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2010
    #2 and #3 for me.
    #3 well it's just good end of story, but I find myself surprisingly drawn to #2. Normally get bored looking at flowers/plants, but I like the way you shot and processed these. It has a painting feeling to it.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2010
    #3 is my favorite, I had so many from that evening it was hard to choose but that one had good separation and variety of wing positions. 5 is good but it would do better printed huge on a wall. The flowers I took them originally because there was a coyote hunting rodents in them. He ran off before I could get a decent angle and distance of him. But I thought conversion to black and White would look nice. but it did not work but playing with the color curve adjustment made for some interesting looks.
    Thanks for the feedback. I have one more thing to shoot today to see if it can beat #3
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2010
    #3 is most elegant! It's definitely my favorite of the bunch.
  • AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2010
    #3 +1
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2010
    #3 then #2, love them both, great job!
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2010
    3 and 5, I think!
    An hour from where I live, we have the largest congregation of Sandhills on this side of the Mississippi........I went to see them for the first time at dawn on Oct. 30 and now I know that I will have to go every year from here on out. They are marvelous! I've seen them from afar, way up high in the sky for all of my life, but this was the first time I had seen them up close. And I nearly went this weekend specifically to get a good picture for this challenge, but I'm not sure I've completely warmed up from dawn on the plains when we went before.
  • slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,215 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2010
    Oh, I totally LOVE #3. It rocks! Very nice. thumb.gifthumb

Sherry