Options

Canon Sensor Cleaning

2»

Comments

• Options
    NyarthlopicNyarthlopic Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2010
    Moose Peterson has a great tutorial on how to clean your gear. Walks through it pretty well. The 4 part video series covers lenses, camera body and the sensor. The gear he directs you to Ran me about 200 or so for the whole enchilada (Arctic Butterfly, Swabs, solution, etc). Our local camera shop charges $60 for a sensor cleaning, so it doesn't take long for the investment to pay itself off.

http://www.moosepeterson.com/blog/?cat=114
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2010
    Looks like I'm gonna try the lenspen. If that doesn't work then I'll look into wet cleaning.

I have a lens pen and use it out in the field....I have also (AND I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS AT ALL, BUT NO HARM CAME TO MY CAMERA SENSOR FILTER) cleaned my sensor filter with a Zeiss Pre-Wetted lens cleaning tissue.....again it was an emergency and I do not recommend this....but it worked quite well......

I just can't iterat enuff how simply the copper hill method of cleaning sensor filters is..........

But I am tne kind of guy that does not like to futz with cleaning, trying this and trying that.....Copper Hill was recommend years back and I contacted them, asked a few questions, ordered the kit and as soon as it arrived....i cleaned off the table I clean my guns on...placed clean cloth on table and did my first cleaning...not perfect, so I had to do over..second time it was perfect......Just follow the instruction and tutes....for $30 I do not think it can be beat....i do not have the loupe but I do have a magnifying visor with jewelers loupes and they work great and keep my hands free to do the cleaning
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website