Golden Gate

EXILEREXILER Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited November 16, 2010 in Landscapes
well i know everyone takes pics of the golden gate bridge, and since it was my first time in San Francisco i HAD to have my attempt. Hope you like them.

Mark

1091199777_wiwTz-L.jpg

1091200132_rYt2D-L.jpg

1091201621_8RZSr-L.jpg

1091201888_DnbKF-L.jpg

6 shot stitched pano of the golden gate

1092012122_2RgoJ-X2.jpg

san francisco cityscape at sunrise

1091200875_N9RGW-L.jpg

and its not really san fran but driving back home to los angeles on pch was amazing. heres a shot at bixby bridge better known as the BIG SUR.

1091189432_LuvQ3-L-1.jpg

these shots where were shot with my Nikon D300s paired with a 24-70 f2.8 :)

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2010
    Hi Mark and welcome! It looks like you have exterrnal linking set to "No" in your gallery so the images aren't appearing in the post. Could you just open the gallery settings and switch that to "Yes" so the rest of the world can see? :D
  • EXILEREXILER Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited November 15, 2010
    YIKES!!! thanks schmoo... my mistake. i must of been able to still view the photos since i was logged in to smugmug.. thanks again. :)

hopefully that fixes the broken links.
  • PGMPGM Registered Users Posts: 2,007 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2010
    Beautiful photos!
  • senorjaxsenorjax Registered Users Posts: 298 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2010
    I like them all but the second one is just stellar. Extending the scene around further to the south and west gives this shot a unique perspective and it feels like the city escaped.
    Jay
  • EXILEREXILER Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited November 16, 2010
    PGM wrote: »
    Beautiful photos!

thank you pgm :):D
    senorjax wrote: »
    I like them all but the second one is just stellar. Extending the scene around further to the south and west gives this shot a unique perspective and it feels like the city escaped.

thanks for the comments.

senorjax.. i have a few little further south and west. but not any of them were taken at sunrise or sunset, they were just regular day shots. i felt the sunrise shots captured the best colors. i was only there for a 3 days and i think my best shots came from the piers at fort baker.

it was awesome to shoot at fort baker at night because it was really secluded. i shared the pier with a family that was crab fishing and roasting marshmellows, which i thought was pretty cool. :D
  • ows4428ows4428 Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited November 16, 2010
    Nice job, I like #3 the best. The colors in that one are awesome. Love all the blues.
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2010
    Nice set. I Really like #1 with the golden light, so fitting for the Golden Gate. Like how it pulls the eye through the image. I believe you also have Sutro Tower (red lights) in the upper left corner.