Options

Body Paint (18+)

Dr TDr T Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
edited November 24, 2010 in Go Figure
I did a fun shoot with a model and a body painter on Saturday.
See the whole gallery here

C&C Welcome,
Torsten

1. 1090986483_2ynBg-L.jpg

2. 1090996984_QjzLY-L.jpg

3.1090999474_2LsaV-L.jpg

4. 1090983525_yMDvS-L.jpg
Slow down and get the shot,
Dr. T
Canon 5D, 75-300 f/4-5.6, 28-75 f/2.8, 50 f/1.8, Lensbaby
|Blog|Twitter|Facebook|

Comments

• Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2010
    These are a lot of fun. I liked the shots with the added texture to the body painting. #15 in your gallery is the most compelling. I really like her cat-like pose and the PP on that one. My favorite of the series
  • Options
    Dr TDr T Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited November 17, 2010
    Any other thoughts?
    Slow down and get the shot,
    Dr. T
    Canon 5D, 75-300 f/4-5.6, 28-75 f/2.8, 50 f/1.8, Lensbaby
    |Blog|Twitter|Facebook|
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2010
    Dr T wrote: »
    Any other thoughts?
    Sure!

#1 doesn't really do it for me; Not that it is bad, I just don't know what I'm looking at and why. It feels like an arm and two legs, nothing more. The way it was shot and cropped makes her arm feel really long as well. The light and the very dark shadows don't really do it for me either.

#2 I'm not sure where the light on her right comes from? It shows the background a bit there and her hairs which is a bit distracting but could easily be fixed in post. (Is that the same light I see in #3?) Her hair seems to almost blend in with the background, especially on the right. Do you have something that you can use as a hairlight? Posing, and expression seem slightly uncomfortable and unflattering to me. Maybe a little bit of a twist in the body?

On both #3 and #4 I am feeling like her face should have been painted as well; It almost looks like a head and a body were merged together.

I like #3 best of this set. The light on the right (the one I mentioned above) is a bit distracting though. I would have her turn her hand a bit so you shoot it from the side basically (like on #1, where the hand is nicely situated). That way it doesn't seem so big and present. It needs a bit more light on her hair I think. Posing is much nicer, overall the best of the bunch thumb.gif

The harsh shadows on the floor and the dirty floor on the last one really don't help the image. I would have shot it a little bit to the left, I think, showing a little bit more back, a little bit more curves. That would also help her left-foot which now seems to be directly attached to her right-leg.
  • Options
    Joe DukovacJoe Dukovac Registered Users Posts: 213 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2010
    Ok, so I am not a big nude photographer. I do have one coming up and I am doing my research to try and tackle this the right way.

I have to say though, when I see the painted shots, the first thing that came into my brain was Tony the Tiger from the Frosted Flakes commercial and her standing next to me screaming "Therrrrrrrrrrrre GRRRRRREAT!"

Please don't take this as criticism, cause it isn't. I jest. Good job!

Joe
    Joe
    North View Studio
    http://www.zoradphotography.com
    Montreal, Canada
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited November 24, 2010
    ivar wrote: »
    On both #3 and #4 I am feeling like her face should have been painted as well; It almost looks like a head and a body were merged together.
    I agree. I think #4 would be epic with cat whiskers painted on.