Please give comment :clap
crw_0903.jpg
I AM HIMALAYAN
Photo Event: http://www.DCShutter.com
Kitten Site: http://kitten.berryidea.com

Comments

• GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2004
    Very nice. She is a beautiful woman. Its a very nice composition, not static like many posed shots. The only thing I see that could be a little better is the bright spots to her right could be toned down a little so they weren't distracting.In any case, in my opinion the bright spots are a minor thing compared to all of the things I like about the shot.

This shot deserves to be printed big.
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2004
    I agree with Greap.. lovely shot but I was also distracted by the white area.. I think I may have cropped it in from the right a little but thats just my take. Great shot.
    clap.gif
  • WolfWolf Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2004
    Very pretty subject, I think I might have tried to darken that bright spot right next to her face, I find it distracting and it draws my eye completely away from that beautiful young womans face. Great job, and that is probably just what I would have done, personal preference!! Thanks for posting!!
  • mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2004
    Nice photo
    Nice photo. Great detail in the hair, face. The hair is a little bit messy, windblown, which I like. Gives a feeling of a breeze. I like how the elbow is just going out of focus. I also like how you used the tree trunk, its position and angle, how it seems to go out beyond infinity behind her. I didn't mind the bright spot so much as others seem to.

So which direction is that tree trunk really going? And where was the camera?
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
    edited June 29, 2004
    Quick question re portraits.. I'm going to be taking more outdoor and maybe indoor shots tomorrow of my calendar girls.. if I was going to use a white card taped onto my speed lite to promote key lights... what would I use for card.. is plain ole' index card ok or what do you suggest oh portrait gurus..ne_nau.gif
    edited June 29, 2004
    I use inexpensive poster board, cut it to the size you want. Always works for me and its cheap, cheap, cheap!
  • AltProAltPro Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2004
    Himalayan wrote:
    Please give comment clap.gif
    crw_0903.jpg
    Himalayan:
    From the perspective of this photo, I get the feel that you are below the young woman, shooting up to her and the canopy of leaves above... It is for that reason that the "bright spot" doesnot overly distract me. I love the tilt of her head, and though her eyes tend to be a bit further to the left than might be optimum, they still work well. The colors are inviting, there is just enough warmth to her skin tones, and I like the detail in the bark beneath her hand. That being said however, I think that your young woman in this photo might be made more attractive by cropping more aggressively... Something about the angle of the arm, and the way it slightly folds over the tree trunk at the lower far left, makes her arms look broader (perhaps just overly accentuated?) than they probably really are. I cropped it rather tight... Just a thought... Hope I'm not being too, critical. That is not my intent... as I really do like it...
    ginette

5635732-M.jpg

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
    edited June 29, 2004
    Wolf wrote:
    I use inexpensive poster board, cut it to the size you want. Always works for me and its cheap, cheap, cheap!
    hmmm thanks wolf... poster board... hmmm.. I guess a sheet of my white white canon glossy photo paper would do it?? cant get to store, brokey ankle.. doing this shoot on one leg can you believe, should be interesting..rolleyes1.gif
    edited June 29, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    hmmm thanks wolf... poster board... hmmm.. I guess a sheet of my white white canon glossy photo paper would do it?? cant get to store, brokey ankle.. doing this shoot on one leg can you believe, should be interesting..rolleyes1.gif
    Never used anything glossy, but heck give it a try before the shoot. Just a few test shots, might work, what the heck!
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2004
    lynnma wrote:

headscratch.gif Never tried it, seen some photojournalists do it, I woulda thought a white index card and a rubber band would do a better job than glossy paper. ne_nau.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2004
    Himalayan wrote:

Himalayan, just my humble opinion....

Lots of lovely things about the shot. Sweet composition, using the diagonal to lead the eye to her face. Nice soft light on her. You've really captured her beauty.

I might have been tempted to darken the bright golden light on the other side of the tree trunk from her nose - it's a wee bit distracting. Until Altpro mentioned it I hadn't noticed her arm, now it's all I notice. It looks disproportionately large and pale compared to the rest of her. By any chance was this shot with a 50mm lens or less, and kind of close? It sorta looks that way to my untrained eye - I know that slightly wider angle lenses and shooting up close can make things that are closer to the lens, look bigger. Sorry if I'm making a wild guess that's completely inaccurate.

But gosh, this is all quibbling compared to the many really nice things about your shot. As I said before, you're really captured her beauty.

I hope you're OK with the feedback.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
    edited June 30, 2004
    I think the composition is great. The soft skin tone is very nice too.

About the only negative is the model blends into the background a bit. Not
    sure how I would change that. Either by punching up the background color
    or maybe blurring it a bit?

ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2004
    Nice picture. I have been going over the EXIF data and there is one set of numeric data missing. Where is her phone number? mwink.gif
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2004
    Himalayan wrote:
    crw_0903.jpg
    On my monitor she is a bit green, but nothing else bothers me, and I think everything is a bit green on my monitor, so I must be used to it. There is a lot of green around her, ............ But I am not bothered by light areas, etc.
    I even, finally, noticed the arm. Then I quit noticing it. I go straight to her eyes like a good viewer should.
    mornin, ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2004
    Gorgeous...love the composition.
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,694 moderator
    edited July 1, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    Plain old 3x5 card will work finelickout.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin