Options

SOLD: Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro (super sharp!!) *Canon-EF-Mount*

mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
edited November 16, 2010 in House of Canon
Item FS: Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro *Canon-EF-Mount* (super sharp!!)
Condition: Gently used, in excellent condition, front/rear glass is pristine!
Price: $145 pp-gift/shipped!! (huge discount from new! bhphotolink)

1092950339_9V3oJ-XL.jpg
This will come with everything you see in the photo (case, box, lens+hood+rear/front-caps/papers etc.)

1092950409_8a6Cj-L.jpg

1092950526_EFxxF-L.jpg

I love this lens! I've shot numerous assignments with it and it always yielded great results. I recently upgraded my telephotos to an L-glass IS equivalent so this lens must go in-order to alleviate that ever-so-expensive purchase.

I've used this Sigma lens @ automotive events primarily and for product photos, always had a UV filter (not included) on the front and it served me extremely well. This lens is stupid sharp when stopped down serving as a great long-range telephoto for panning photos (cars/sports/etc.) or products/stationary objects. Its super light and durable. To top it off, it is also a great lens for macro photography yielding a 1:2 magnification ratio!

I've earned back what I originally paid for this lens numerous times over and I'd like to pass that ability on to the next shooter who may not be ready to go big w/ a more expensive telephoto. Brand new @ $209 dollars is already cheap, now try $145 pp-gift/shipped! Lastly, please note that you can mount this lens on both film or digital bodies. If you have any questions whatsoever, just ask and I'll do my best to answer and clarify any concerns. Thanks!

Link to more photos of the lens:
http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/14679274_ZdYpq#1092950339_9V3oJ

Sample Photos taken w/ the lens:

814811090_jFgTk-L.jpg

808163829_u6jHb-L-1.jpg

662573407_AzeDL-XL.jpg

474207819_XoUgM-L.jpg

I have much feedback here on Dgrin and @ FM (link) for that extra confidence. :) Thanks thanks for looking!

Comments

• Options
    TJDIVTJDIV Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2010
    PM sent ;)
    "Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger"

9zero6 | Upper Peninsula Overland
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2010
    Pm/email sent back. I think we just introduced a Canonite into the the awesome realm inexpensive telephotoness!
  • Options
    TJDIVTJDIV Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2010
    I'm happy to give it a go. The Canon Lens in Best Buy was $700 when we stopped in today. I know you get what you pay for.... but the images you shot look just fine to me :D

Thanks for the heads up!

-Tom
    "Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger"

9zero6 | Upper Peninsula Overland
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2010
    Sa..sa..sa...SOLD! So long as you stop-down and use a tripod, it always nets a great image (tip: if shooting products, use MF @ 70mm, move to the 300mm + manually focus there and then zoom back to 70mm to have the sharpest focus possible). You'll kill any daytime sports events with this thing, just keep that hand steady-panning! However, if you're trying to shoot birds really up-close, you'll need to rely on your 'stalking' skills as @ 300mm, you may have to get closer than you would with 500mm. Overall, you're gonna' enjoy this thing. It happens to produce 'warm' images, you'll see when you use it. Again thanks and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!