Family Shoot - Beautiful Light

BuddyLeeBuddyLee Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
edited November 16, 2010 in People
I did a family shoot this past weekend for my sister. One area I really struggle with is posing. Here are a few of the shots. Looking for C&C...

1090838919_vcTYL-M.jpg

1090862552_uvDqK-M.jpg

1090879494_3fbSL-M.jpg

1090883996_oRYo8-L.jpg

1090877196_zoRoS-L.jpg

Comments

• BrewsterBrewster Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2010
    #1 - the tree in the center of the frame divides the shot in half. Not sure about the tilt........
    I like the back-lit couple, but there are 2 spots of lens flare around her boots.

Brewster
  • briandelionbriandelion Registered Users Posts: 512 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2010
    I like the attitudes of the poses and the subjects all seem relaxed and to be enjoying themselves. I think you posed your subjects nicely unto themselves. To me, the problem is how they are arranged withinin the picture space and at times, distracting surroundings.

#1 the couple appear to be sliding off the bottom right edge. The lens flare has already been mentioned.
    #2 this would be my favorite if it wasn't for the piece of fence pointing into the young man's head. Ouch!
    #3 is very nice but I would have moved in closer to avoid having to square up all the not-so-squared-up horizontals of the building. #4 Cool! I think opening up the shadows on the couple and possibly cropping off a little sky would help to focus attention more on your subjects.
    #5 Nice expression on your subject's face. Possibly the top most piece of siding could be cropped off. It is darker than the rest and draws attention to the upper reght corner of the picture.
    "Photography is not about the thing photographed.
    It is about how that thing looks photographed." Garry Winogrand

Avatar credit: photograph by Duane Michals- picture of me, 'Smash Palace' album
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2010
    Some comments made above reflect my thoughts as well....
    I really like number four if you could just bump the exposure or adjust the blacks on the couple only it would greatly improve this portrait.....
    Nice work over all......
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • BuddyLeeBuddyLee Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited November 16, 2010
    thank you...
    Thanks everyone for your comments. I agree with the flare comments, I actually don't like flare at all, but thought I'd post for some thoughts. Here's a version I like better. The angle is a little funky, it was done to remove objects in the background, like a parking lot with cars. I will also look at making some of the suggested changes to the other photos before printing. Thanks much for the suggestions!

1090839735_TNFKk-M.jpg