literature

m147m147 Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
edited November 18, 2010 in Finishing School
can anybody please recommend me some good, trusted lightroom 3 and photoshop extended 5 books. thank you.

ps. i have scott kelby's 'lightroom 3 for digital photograpers'. seems pretty good but i haven't yet gotten into it. oh right, and this one also: 'CS5 classroom in a book'

Comments

• arodneyarodney Registered Users Posts: 2,005 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2010
    Have to be a book? Because I think you’ll get far more bang for the buck here:
    http://www.luminous-landscape.com/videos/lr3.shtml
    Andrew Rodney
    Author "Color Management for Photographers"
    http://www.digitaldog.net/
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited November 17, 2010
    Michael and Jeffe are more fun too! thumb.gif

Andrew knows I have rec'd that video several times. Let's hope they continue to create such useful, entertaining, and informative videos.

Martin Evening's book "The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 Book" is excellent also. Kelby's book is easier to read and funnier, but Evening's is more thorough when you want thorough. Both are excellent.

The books make more sense after seeing the video first though, for me at least.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2010
    I like Martin Evening's books on LR3 and CS5. Kelby's jokes are better, but he's recycling now, so . . . meh.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited November 17, 2010
    I think we are in agreement, John!
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • m147m147 Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited November 18, 2010
    arodney wrote: »
    Have to be a book? Because I think you’ll get far more bang for the buck here:
    http://www.luminous-landscape.com/videos/lr3.shtml

no it doesn't need to be a book. i just like books, but videos are great. i took a look at that site, from another one of your posts. looks good.
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2010
    There is all so kelby training and Lynda.com ....both have good training videos.....................
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• RobSylvanRobSylvan Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited November 18, 2010
    I think a combo of book and video is best. It is nice to see stuff in action (like the lum landscape series), but then have a book for reference (like the Evening and Kelby books). Best of all, having a forum to come and ask questions as you go. Some additional good references mentioned in this earlier thread.