Colorado Fall Images

Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
edited November 19, 2010 in Landscapes
I thought I better get these images displayed before we are in the dead of Winter. These were taken during the last week of September on a workshop lead by Andy Cook-Colorado Fall Color. Colorado in fall is a feast for the eyes, spectactlar scenery, yellow-orange-green everywhere. Andy was a fantastic w/s leader I highly recommend.

This is the first set of six images I will post.

#1 Crystal Lake with the Red Mountains in the background.
CrystalLakeWeb.jpg

#2 East Fork Dallas Divide Rd
EastForkAspenLayersFenceWeb.jpg

#3 This was taken at the Marron Bells River that feeds into the lake.
MaroonBellsMountainWeb.jpg

#4 Stand of Aspen and rusty/green ferns taken on the McClure Summit Pass.
McClureSummitAspenStandInverseWeb.jpg

#5 Capital Peak
CapitalPeakWeb.jpg

#6 This was a 10 shot in-camera (processed) abstract of aspen on the side of a hill
AspenAbstractCapitalHillTreesWeb.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2010
    Doug Solis wrote: »
    #4 Stand of Aspen and rusty/green ferns taken on the McClure Summit Pass.
    McClureSummitAspenStandInverseWeb.jpg

How much do I wish that was in my own back yard! I'd love to do a workshop in Colorado some fall. The aspen and the snow are breathtaking.

Looks like you had a pretty successful workshop thumb.gif
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2010
    Only one word comes in mind.. stunning!
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • TreyHoffTreyHoff Registered Users Posts: 388 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2010
    Really excellent photos....I wish my Colorado shots would have turned out that good!
  • chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2010
    great shots here, and nice job with the abstract thumb.gif
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2010
    schmoo wrote: »
    How much do I wish that was in my own back yard! I'd love to do a workshop in Colorado some fall. The aspen and the snow are breathtaking.

Looks like you had a pretty successful workshop thumb.gif

Thanks Schmoo, this was my first visit to CO. and it did not disappoint.

Only one word comes in mind.. stunning!

Thank you Awais.

TreyHoff wrote: »
    Really excellent photos....I wish my Colorado shots would have turned out that good!

Thanks Trey, our timing could not have been better as it was peak season in most all the areas we visited.

chrismoore wrote: »
    great shots here, and nice job with the abstract thumb.gif

Thanks Chris, I love seeing the results from the in-camera multiple shots you never know what it will look like.
  • PGMPGM Registered Users Posts: 2,007 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2010
    They are all so striking, and I love the perspective on the Aspen! Best, Pam
  • EnlightphotoEnlightphoto Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited November 17, 2010
    All are very nice, but #4 just really hits one over the fence. Worth printing BIG.
    edited November 18, 2010
    PGM wrote: »
    They are all so striking, and I love the perspective on the Aspen! Best, Pam

Thanks Pam, I might try a B/W as well on the aspen just to see what I get. but I do love the colors
    All are very nice, but #4 just really hits one over the fence. Worth printing BIG.

Thanks Enlight, I just may do that!
  • bhundtbhundt Registered Users Posts: 122 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2010
    Wow great shots, I was there this past summer doing some shooting and hiking. I think there's a lifetime of shots still waiting to be taken there. Thanks for sharing.
  • YetishotYetishot Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited November 18, 2010
    Wow, number 3 is killer for my own tastes. Love the contrasting weather and and color. Man, that is sweeeetclap.gif
    edited November 19, 2010
    bhundt wrote: »
    Wow great shots, I was there this past summer doing some shooting and hiking. I think there's a lifetime of shots still waiting to be taken there. Thanks for sharing.

thanks much. I agree with you there is a ton of areas that one can capture some great images and actually work the same area different times of the year.

Yetishot wrote: »
    Wow, number 3 is killer for my own tastes. Love the contrasting weather and and color. Man, that is sweeeetclap.gif

Thanks Yeti, I like isolating shots like this from time to time, it is not always about the big image.