New to Photoshop...

OakleyOakley Registered Users Posts: 446 Major grins
edited September 10, 2005 in Finishing School
Ok, if I'm going to be taking this digital photography thing seriously, I have to have photoshop cs2, right? lol....so I have it now.

A couple of issues before I plug away...:
  1. I have been using Microsoft Picture It! Library 10 and Microsoft Picture It! Premium 10 for organizing my photos and doing my fairly basic editing. My first question is - since I have already ranked and added keywords to about 3000 photos using MS Library, is it possible to get Photoshop to recognize this hard work so I don't have to re-do all that???
  2. And similarly, does or can smugmug recognize the keywords I apply in PS so that I don't have to re-do all my keywords again when I upload them to smugmug...
Does that make sense?

I guess I'm just seeing the tedious task of being a serious photographer and I'm trying to make my workflow as efficient and seamless as possible.

I hope someone can help...or point me to a good resource on the web.

Thanks,
Ryan Oakley - www.ryanoakleyphotography.ca [My smugmug site]
www.photographyontheside.com [My blog about creating a part-time photography business]
Create A Gorgeous Photography Website with Smugmug in 90 Minutes [My free course if you need help setting up and customizing your SmugMug site]